GM may cut sticker prices

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
I think this would work out better and help resale then all the rebates and such. At least this way you have a idea on what the car will REALLY cost you.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
They aren't going to sell anymore cars with this. They are clutching at straws. They need to design a car that is competitive with the rest of the field instead of constantly trying to play catch-up.

I thought that the cobalt would do well, but it's absymal crash rating probably sunk it already. I thought that the new Malibu would do really well and was impressed with it during a 10 day rental, but it's out classed by other vehicles in the market. I think that the HHR will bomb because it's 4 years too late.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This, employee discounts for all, etc. tells me that the company is desperate. I know it may be irrational but I wouldn't want to buy a car from a desperate company, just as women don't get with desperate guys.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
They are going to cut prices, but also reduce the rebates... so in the end, u are paying the same amount of money for the same GM car?

I don't see what the incentive for consumers are here...

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Didn't click the link but is this what that whole "I am proud to me a GM employee" is all about? You pay what we pay?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
I think they are just doing it to help out the Japanese auto makers.

And for all the morons who think GM should just file bankrupcy, or just shut the doors, you had better hope it never ever happens. It would be a huge blow to the US economy, and would more than likely require a government bailout costing billions of dollars. The tentacles of GM's dollars in the US economy reach far and deep.

Just buy GM now, or pay for it in higher taxes later. GM will be around forever, and it will be even worse with the government halfway in charge of operations.

BTW, the first line is sarcasm in case your meter is broken.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Didn't click the link but is this what that whole "I am proud to me a GM employee" is all about? You pay what we pay?

no, thats a completely different thing.

yes, they are reducing rebates. rebates are difficult for the consumer to understand wtf they are actually going to pay.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Sluggo
I think they are just doing it to help out the Japanese auto makers.

And for all the morons who think GM should just file bankrupcy, or just shut the doors, you had better hope it never ever happens. It would be a huge blow to the US economy, and would more than likely require a government bailout costing billions of dollars. The tentacles of GM's dollars in the US economy reach far and deep.

Just buy GM now, or pay for it in higher taxes later. GM will be around forever, and it will be even worse with the government halfway in charge of operations.

BTW, the first line is sarcasm in case your meter is broken.

I agree about the economy thing. If GM were to shut down SE Michigan would fall apart. Pretty much everyone here is either directly or indirectly related to the auto industry.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: ncircle
so how much would a cobalt ss be?

uh... if they cut the prices down to what employees currently pay, figure 20K or so.

but they only said certain models.