Global Warrming - Natural or man made

KurskKnyaz

Dec 1, 2003
I'm just curious about what everyone thinks. I think Its natural. I did a report for my environmental science class a few years ago about how there is no evidence that global warming is the result of human activity. Am I wrong?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
The mice turned up the temperature to fvck with our heads. They like seeing how humans think they are so important and the cause of everything.

Slackware

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Well it was 22 degrees in NY the day before yestday so that it is real and progressing in a faster pace is quite clean.

So are we humas responsible, well, a grenouse works the same way as our atmosphere does, so the question becomes "do we let out a shiatload of co2"?

And yes, we do, we have been successful at reducing earth bound toxins but catalitic converted cars are still lettint out emissions that stay in the atmosphere for thousans or years.

It's probably too late to do much about it thouhg.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is a Repost. In fact it is a Repost of your own thread which started out prtty much exactly like this one.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but your's has already been proven wrong so accept it and quit just repeating duplicate threads about it.

letdown427

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Slackware
So are we humas responsible, well, a grenouse works the same way as our atmosphere does, so the question becomes "do we let out a shiatload of co2"?
Water vapour, that's the problem. CO2 is a chunk of it, but so's Methane, thus eat beef and save the world.
It's probably too late to do much about it thouhg.
Suits me :D

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Originally posted by: KurskKnyaz
I think Its natural.
Am I wrong?

yes, it is natural

the earth heats up and cools down, ice age then it warms back up
back and forth

Not this rapidly is the kicker.

Global warming is only challenged by those backed by big corporations.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Well it was 22 degrees in NY the day before yestday so that it is real and progressing in a faster pace is quite clean.

Your singular data point is proof of nothing. It isn't as "clean" as you think it is.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Scouzer
I think Its natural.
Am I wrong?

yes, it is natural

back and forth

Yes, but there is still PLENTY of debate as to whether the current warming period is because of man or natural.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
There are two kinds of global warming. Your question is erroneous because it's like saying, "Which of these is cheese, Gouda or Cheddar?"

There is natural global warming and global cooling. The mechanisms behind this are complicated and it's too early in the morning to bother explaining them. Go read an encyclopedia article or something if you're curious.

There is also man-made global warming. The people who deny that CO2 emissions warm the earth are the same people who believe that the Cuyahoga River in 1969 caught fire due to natural causes. Lakes don't catch on fire naturally :p Similarly, we're are unnaturally warming the Earth in addition to natural warming. Eventually the Earth will naturally begin to cool, but we will continue warming it.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Does it matter?
Do you really think pumping shitloads of CO2 into the atmosphere is particularly good for the Earth, global warming or not?
We should try and reduce emission and use more renewable energy anyway, especially since emission etc cause other problems we ARE certain about, other than global warming.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
well, more people in the world today would already contribute to more co2 emission than say 100 years ago... more people breathing today.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think Its natural.
Am I wrong?

yes, it is natural

back and forth

It could warm this fast Naturallly, but that would have to be precipitated by a dramatic Natural Event that would be near impossible to miss. No such event has occurred or is occuring though.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: flyfish
The ice caps on Mars are also melting and there are no SUVs on Mars...

those probes put out a lot of greenhouse gases

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
The mice turned up the temperature to fvck with our heads. They like seeing how humans think they are so important and the cause of everything.

But first they'd best figure out how to keep away the Vogon Constructor Fleet.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I think it is both. Humans are accelerating the natural global warming. The problem is currently we are having a pretty warm winter in most parts of the US so we have some people on this forum going OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!!!!!!11111one. But the fact of the matter is sometimes there are warm winters and sometimes there are extra cold winters. That and the hurricane season with katrina, the atlantic ocean and gulf were very warm so they resulted in many hurricanes. This last hurricane season was incredibly calm in comparison. So is global warming happening? Yes. Is it our fault? Partly. Is the world ending as fast as people seem to believe? Definitely not.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
I think Its natural.
Am I wrong?

yes, it is natural

back and forth

Corporations wouldn't give a hoot if the Global warming people didn't try to take money from them. They have to defend themselves from faux science.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JS80
I think Its natural.
Am I wrong?

yes, it is natural

back and forth

Corporations wouldn't give a hoot if the Global warming people didn't try to take money from them. They have to defend themselves from faux science.

Ahh, just like the tobacco corps!