Global Warming will be happening very soon. But not from air pollution.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Sun-Reflecting Space-Advertisements to be put in orbit.

"Space commercials could embrace huge areas and a colossal number of consumers," he said. "This would literally be intercontinental coverage."

He said the satellites would be visible in the night sky by employing sunlight reflectors, with multiple satellites linked together to create a message large enough to be seen.

It doesn't take that much though to figure out what the thermal effect of reflecting sunlight that normally makes it past the Earth back to Earth will be.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
so i guess that geico commercial with the car made of stars getting hit by a meteorite will become a reality?

or

"look mom, its orions belt....and those are some cute levis jeans he is wearing!!!"

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: jurzdevil
so i guess that geico commercial with the car made of stars getting hit by a meteorite will become a reality?

or

"look mom, its orions belt....and those are some cute levis jeans he is wearing!!!"

:D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
"and there is the big dipper, and over there is orion, taking a sip for an ice cold bud light"

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
since no company or country owns space, would it be legal to shoot them down?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Evadman

Someone bring the beer. I'll start work on the laser right away. Anyone got any big mirrors?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Don't be shooting crap down in space, there's enough garbage up there already. Just go up there and just kind of... Take it.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: andylawcc

[Red Alert voice] Ion Cannon ready [voice off]

A bomb prepping

A bomb launched

Unit lost

I love that voice. :D

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

ROFL, I can see it now, Rednecks trading in their pickups for Cessnas!

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Don't be shooting crap down in space, there's enough garbage up there already. Just go up there and just kind of... Take it.

They should put up a billboard showing your girlfriend getting tag teamed on a boat so the whole world can see.

Falloutboy

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2003
hey maybe this might finally be the insentive to get civillian space industry going. (to make missils to shoot the damn things down)

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: MacBaine
Originally posted by: EyeMWing

They should put up a billboard showing your girlfriend getting tag teamed on a boat so the whole world can see.

wtf?

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001

haha lol evadman, i just thought the same :)

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
"Space commercials could embrace huge areas and a colossal number of consumers," he said. "This would literally be intercontinental coverage."

He said the satellites would be visible in the night sky by employing sunlight reflectors, with multiple satellites linked together to create a message large enough to be seen.

First, this subject is oooooollld.....i read about that already years ago.

Second, as if we really need MORE ads in our life ? The internet consists of already 50% spam-garbage....television increases it's commercial time from year to year. i have a reason that i rarely watch tv.

third, despites the usual arguments against it (incl. more space waste orbiting earth) i know at least ONE group which wold be *especially* pissed: Amateur Astronomers !!