Global warming revisited

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan
Originally posted by: NeoV
Doc - "There's a huge proven correlation between global temperature fluctuations and solar winds/galactic cosmic rays." - so that data is proven, but the correlation between co2 and temperature fluctuations is bs?

BTW, since 1950, there have basically been no increases in solar activity. Solar winds are ejections of plasma from the sun that travel around the speed of light - they are not long term, climate changing trends.

I'm very familiar with the CERN/Cloud experiments that deal with Cosmic Rays and their potential impact on cloud cover - it's still in it's early stages, and again, the more information, the better, but find me one scientist involved in that study that thinks 'this is the smoking gun for the temperature increases we are currently experiencing in the past 25 years' - don't bother looking, you won't.

By the way, you may want to read up on that study yourself before you go saying there are 'huge proven correlations'.
Never said that the carbon dioxide correlation was BS...hmmm.

You obviously didn't read the studies I pointed you to or understand the GCR theory....I'll provide the links if your 'really' interested.

I definitely agree with you that the more information the better. We currently don't know how significant the potential impact of this GCR correlation may be and I doubt many scientists want to put the cart before the horse here...especially since this issue is so politically charged.

Actually, we DO know that it's so temporary that it's irrelevant for more than 24 hours, it's been touted by anti-GW pastors all over the place who are trying to propagate this idea sa a reasonable explanation, NO scientist (involved in the field) has EVER made ANY such claims though.

Don't claim what you don't know.

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Doc - "There's a huge proven correlation between global temperature fluctuations and solar winds/galactic cosmic rays." - so that data is proven, but the correlation between co2 and temperature fluctuations is bs?

BTW, since 1950, there have basically been no increases in solar activity. Solar winds are ejections of plasma from the sun that travel around the speed of light - they are not long term, climate changing trends.

I'm very familiar with the CERN/Cloud experiments that deal with Cosmic Rays and their potential impact on cloud cover - it's still in it's early stages, and again, the more information, the better, but find me one scientist involved in that study that thinks 'this is the smoking gun for the temperature increases we are currently experiencing in the past 25 years' - don't bother looking, you won't.

By the way, you may want to read up on that study yourself before you go saying there are 'huge proven correlations'.

You obviously didn't read the studies I pointed you to or understand the GCR theory....I'll provide the links if your 'really' interested.

I definitely agree with you that the more information the better. We currently don't know how significant the potential impact of this GCR correlation may be and I doubt many scientists want to put the cart before the horse here...especially since this issue is so politically charged.

Actually, we DO know that it's so temporary that it's irrelevant for more than 24 hours, it's been touted by anti-GW pastors all over the place who are trying to propagate this idea sa a reasonable explanation, NO scientist (involved in the field) has EVER made ANY such claims though.

Don't claim what you don't know.
Please point to the study...looks like your talking about something unrelated to GCR theory.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006

Edit: Links to the GCR studies can be found in this thread.

I don't know . relly don't care, what happens happens. The one thing I can positively see thats differant is the fall migration of birds . When I was a young boy THe blackbirds would block out the ski for 30min at a time or more minutes day after day. After 68 it didn't happen anymore.