Give me some UNIQUE theme ideas for Chili Cook-off!!

L

Lola

I need to find a really COOL and different idea for a chili cook off.
Last year the theme that was chosen was a "tropical/beach" theme, but its been done a million times.

It will be judged based on creativity. The group this is for is a Harley group so i need something both interesting, PG-13 rated :p and appealing to mostly motorcycle owners!
The type of chili that is going to be made for this is White Bean Chicken Chili. The theme has to somehow work with the chili being made. So far I have thought of: Margaritaville, Gangsters, Heaven, Barn-yard....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
If this is for a Harley group, then I'd maybe reconsider the choice of a white bean & chicken based chili.

It has nothing to do with hogs or leather :p

You need to make a hot old pot of chap melting, muffler rumbling meat & tomato'y goodness. Fat boy tested, Hog Momma approved.

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
is there a way to do a beercan chicken chili? sorry i've never made any chili outside of using hamburger

L

Lola

Originally posted by: vi_edit
If this is for a Harley group, then I'd maybe reconsider the choice of a white bean & chicken based chili.

It has nothing to do with hogs or leather :p

You need to make a hot old pot of chap melting, muffler rumbling meat & tomato'y goodness. Fat boy tested, Hog Momma approved.

well, there are a lot of guys making all different kinds of chili... so that is why the chicken and white bean chili is the one that we are choosing.

At this point, i think the coolest thing to do would be a Mobster/Gangster theme... like at a speak easy...

skimple

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
By theme, it doesn't appear that you mean the type of chili being cooked. Is this how people dress-up?

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Originally posted by: amish
is there a way to do a beercan chicken chili? sorry i've never made any chili outside of using hamburger

Yup...

my last chili was 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked in a bottle of killians red, used lots of peppers and some tomatoes/cumin/chili powder/garlic/onions, damn it was good.

Perhaps a "daytona bike week" theme - however I don't understand the theme of the chili if you already have a type of chili being made?

L

Lola

Originally posted by: skimple
By theme, it doesn't appear that you mean the type of chili being cooked. Is this how people dress-up?

right... the "theme" is for the table or space that my mom is offering this chili with.

KMc

Golden Member
Jan 26, 2007
Just thinking off the top here....

- Desert/southwest (sand, cactus, lizards, tumbleweed, vultures, etc.)
- Wild wild west (either in the traditional "gunslingers" sense or like the movie"Wild Wild West")
- Then of course there's the obvious "harley hogs/motorcycle gang" theme

I'll throw some more out if I think of any.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: iamwiz82
How about mid-life crisis?

HAHA!!! that would work for all of the members, but they would be offended if they were offered rogaine with a side of chili!