Give me Drum n Bass

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Looking for recommendations on stuff that's like this first song here on this TF2 Youtube video. I don't know who it is, but I like it.

Text

The last DnB / Jungle CD I bought was Dieselboy's Dungeon Master's Guide. I like it, but I'm looking for something with DnB / Jungle beats but MC's rhyming over the top.

Thanks

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Hmm... It's been a while since I've listened to some jungle but here we go. Ed Rush & Optical, Hive, JJ Jellybean, Grooverider, AK1200, Danny the Wildchild, Phantom 45, Black Sun Empire, DJ SS, Roni Size... I used to have a good amount on vinyl, my buddy has much more. If I talk to him I'll ask for some more suggestions.

Edit: Forgot Freaky Flow, good scratch jungle dj. As far as Dieselboy is concerned, my favorite album would be Drum N' Bass USA (oldschool hip hop jungle) followed by 97 Octane (heavy deep jungle.) If you don't have those, get them.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Niiice. That's what I'm looking for. I've got some AK1200 but none of the others. AK1200, Dieselboy, and LTJ Bukem were always my staples, but in general I know very little about the genre in terms of what else is good.

Thanks.

Any more? Don't be shy peoples.

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Link

Go there for free MP3 downloads of a JJ Jellybean set and a Phantom 45 set. They are both oldschool Chicago jungle DJ's. I saw JJ Jellybean about a month ago at some Polish bar and he was really good. That site probably has more oldschool mixtapes for your downloading pleasure.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
www.newmixes.com

Download DJ Bailey or Crissy Cris <-- I generally just listen to these mix shows since it has the most content and variety.

you will find out alot of nice music from that.

I'd reccomend Dieselboy Human Resource if you like that style.

TC Evolution is pretty good.

darthsidious

Jul 13, 2005
goto dogsonacid.com to download mixes by people. It's useful to get an idea about what kind of artists you might like. breakbeat.co.uk is also a useful source of information.

Some more than have been listed : Noisia, Pendulum, DJ Fresh, Teebee , SKC , High Contrast, Marky &XRS, DrumSound and bassline Smith, Dom and Roland, Shimon, Logistics, Klute, Bad Company, DJ Amit , Evol intent, Digital etc...

Some of My favourites from that list are teebee, Klute, DJ Amit, Kubics and Lomax, and SKC.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
The song that starts around 3:40 is by Prodigy (from Mobb Deep). "Keep It Thoro"... good song.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: effowe
Originally posted by: destrekor
travis barker

I hate the song he 'remixed', but I love the drumming. :)

+

Hmm, that's not Drum n' Bass / Jungle. The music we're talking about sounds like this..

Text

I know it's not drum n bass or jungle. But I felt like linking it anyway. Because its drums. And good.

you can ignore me. ;)

would Sharpshooters and Quentin's Ladder qualify? I have a couple tracks from DJ Spooky's Modern Mantra dj mix record.
Sharpshooters - Analyze
Quentin's Ladder - Double Dragons

probably not quite drum n bass, but they seem to have elements that resemble it. Frankly, not quite sure what the hell they are, besides electronic. ;)

+

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Reading that article (and the oldschool jungle one) reminded me of a few more to check: Andy C, Aphrodite, DJ Zinc, Pascal, Dillinja, Mickey Finn, Shy FX.

jersiq

May 18, 2005
Don't know if anyone mentioned it: Matrix and Futurebound.

I have always been partial to the darker stuff personally.
Ed Rush and Optical - "Medicine" and "Sicknote"
Usual Suspects,Konflict, Dylan, RAM Trilogy.

Urban Takeover for some jump-up stuff.

Damn you OP, now I have to pull out my MP3 backup drive to listen to some of these.