Girls go for guys with a broken heart poll

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Let's get this straight 'cuz I'm confused: Is being heart-broken synonymous with being weak?

Honestly, I don't think that girls screen out men according to their hearts. A heart-broken guy is just as likely as one who isn't heart-broken to get a girl. It only comes to play in how smooth the relationship is. More often than not, girls wait it out, hoping to help him recover and love her more than the ex, before realising how the relationship is a failure. She can't change him and get him to realise what he has. She only comes to realise this much later.

If heart-broken is synonymous with weak, then it doesn't matter. Girls tend not to be attracted to weak guys, anyway. Hence, being heart-broken wouldn't make a difference, as he's likely to be a weak guy at any given time.

That's my view, but I could be wrong.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Glitchny
like i said im not the one asking my firned is but since he doesnt have an account here and i do i made the poll for him

so dont get on me about being desperate

Yeah bullsh!t

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: luvly
Let's get this straight 'cuz I'm confused: Is being heart-broken synonymous with being weak?

Honestly, I don't think that girls screen out men according to their hearts. A heart-broken guy is just as likely as one who isn't heart-broken to get a girl. It only comes to play in how smooth the relationship is. More often than not, girls wait it out, hoping to help him recover and love her more than the ex, before realising how the relationship is a failure. She can't change him and get him to realise what he has. She only comes to realise this much later.

If heart-broken is synonymous with weak, then it doesn't matter. Girls tend not to be attracted to weak guys, anyway. Hence, being heart-broken wouldn't make a difference, as he's likely to be a weak guy at any given time.

That's my view, but I could be wrong.

You ARE pretty weak when you are heartbroken...

The thing NOT to do IMO is to jump into a new relationship... every man and woman should live away from their mothers and girlfriends for an extensive period of time... when you have learned how to take care of yourself, you are ready...

That is of course just my opionion, but it is right...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
If I'm reeling form a broken relationship the last thing I want to do is hook up with some broad. Unless they are friends of mine or are cool to be around I don't particularly feel like dealing with the feminine mindset. Sure getting my weasal greased by some lounge lizard is cool as long as you don't give out your phone number opr let them know where you live. I'm sure many women feel the same about men if they are in the same situation. I'm sure wouldn't want any of you desperate guys knowing where they lived.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
do you think girls are more likley to go for a guy with a broken heart (ie. just broken up with gf etc)
Poll for a friend

Why in heck would any woman want some jerk who's crying in his beer about another woman? Thanks but no thanks!

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
If I'm reeling form a broken relationship the last thing I want to do is hook up with some broad. Unless they are friends of mine or are cool to be around I don't particularly feel like dealing with the feminine mindset. Sure getting my weasal greased by some lounge lizard is cool as long as you don't give out your phone number opr let them know where you live. I'm sure many women feel the same about men if they are in the same situation. I'm sure wouldn't want any of you desperate guys knowing where they lived.

A Winnar Is You!

A guy with a broken heart is a desperate poonhound, sniffing out any potential opportunity to get his pole varnished. I'm sure you'll just have women lining up around the block to be fvcked and forgotten.
rolleye.gif

- M4H

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002

True, wanting sex for the evening does NOT mean a relationship...

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

A Winnar Is You!

A guy with a broken heart is a desperate poonhound, sniffing out any potential opportunity to get his pole varnished. I'm sure you'll just have women lining up around the block to be fvcked and forgotten.
rolleye.gif

- M4H

Actually, most of us see them, you are just missing out... there are LOTS and LOTS of women who only want sex...i for one try to help them... :)

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
do you think girls are more likley to go for a guy with a broken heart (ie. just broken up with gf etc)
Poll for a friend

Why in heck would any woman want some jerk who's crying in his beer about another woman? Thanks but no thanks!

Oh, but women are sooooooo sensitive, so the want sensitive men soooooooooo much... ;)

That a woman want to be just fvcked hard for the night is something the people here do not realize...

katka

Jun 19, 2001

I agree.

I once was more "affectionate" towards a guy friend who was having "baby momma drama"! We had know one another for quite some time. But, it was only because he was available to share "affections" with me at that point in time. I was not pursuing a relationship with him because he was obviously NOT emotionally available to provide me with the love and respect that I deserved. ;):)

That a woman want to be just fvcked hard for the night

Have NEVER had a one night stand, sorry to dispel your theory.:Q

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: SnapIT
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Poll for a friend

Oh, but women are sooooooo sensitive, so the want sensitive men soooooooooo much... ;)

That a woman want to be just fvcked hard for the night is something the people here do not realize...

Most of us can get that with dudes we actually like.. well those of us with an ounce of self respect anyway
there is nothing more boring than having a perfectly nice evening out ruined by some idiot singing the biatch who done me wrong song..yawn!

derek2034

Jan 30, 2003
My personal opinion on women (based on experience) is this:

- To get the girl to begin with you need to truly believe you are as good/better than them, and that they would have a hard time getting a better guy if they tried.

- After that, then yea they appreciate sensitivity...but if its within the first few months then only sensitivity to their issues, not yours. After 6 months or so, its safe to open it up a little.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
There are girls out there that are messed up in the head and will go for it... they have that "fix it" syndrome... even if the guy is a complete jerk and jackass. :p Loveline material...

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
girls flock to you when you're in a relationship, confident and happy

girls hide from you when you're acting like a pussy

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
like i said im not the one asking my firned is but since he doesnt have an account here and i do i made the poll for him

so dont get on me about being desperate

Yeah bullsh!t

dont beleive me? why wouldnt i admit it? and since u are an idiot for not beleiving me the actualy friend that just made an account and did post is above i quoted his damn reply and comented on it so why not get a life and try not to think everytime someone asks "for a friend" that it is them asking and not wanting to. moron and the real perosn is LoneCowBoy.

sheesh do you people jsut troll around trying to start flame wars?

amok

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Broken heart, divorce, kids by other women, etc. are all obstacles to dating. Other than purely sexual relationships, women don't like men with baggage (generally speaking ofc). Gets in the way of you worshipping them ;). Luckily, I don't have any kids by my previous marriage, but being divorced is a stigma thats hard to overcome. Women always think its the dude's fault if a marriage/relationship fails, and assume there is something fundamentally wrong with your approach to relationships. Hehe, that's why I never mention my divorce until they've managed to make it past a month with me. Makes things easier.