Girl With 22 Piercings Cries Discrimination

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
He's probably writing in his diary how much fun he had today telling a cancer victim to hurry up and die

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
You know I don't want to engage with you. You're a goofy old Canadian peacenik. I don't know why you continue to start with me in thread after thread. Just put me on ignore.

I don't ignore anybody.
You seem to have it backwards. You post on a message board for back and forth convo's
Use your blog if you just like to share your deviant victories with like minded people with no comments

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I don't ignore anybody.
You seem to have it backwards. You post on a message board for back and forth convo's
Use your blog if you just like to share your deviant victories with like minded people with no comments

Yeah but there are some people here that are such a broken record that I don't want to hear what they have to say for the millionth time. Moonbeam is the only person I've ever had on ignore.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yeah but there are some people here that are such a broken record that I don't want to hear what they have to say for the millionth time. Moonbeam is the only person I've ever had on ignore.

You might as well put me on ignore too
Just like Moonbeam, I'll keep hammering the message too

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Dude, it's just seriously wrong to put Moonbeam on ignore. Maybe 90% of what he posts is repetitive gibberish, but the other 10% is pure gold. That's like cutting down a rosebush because it's mostly not rose blossoms.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Dude, it's just seriously wrong to put Moonbeam on ignore. Maybe 90% of what he posts is repetitive gibberish, but the other 10% is pure gold. That's like cutting down a rosebush because it's mostly not rose blossoms.
+1

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
would not bang; therefore, would not hire.
I ask whether or not I would be embarrassed to be seen with this person. It's possible to be unattractive without being an embarrassment.

It's good to see Canada has its own share of people who will eventually use electric scooters in walmart.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He's probably writing in his diary how much fun he had today telling a cancer victim to hurry up and die

I hadn't seen that before, pretty disgusting.

I think most of the time on here he's just trolling for reactions out of people, but that's way too far. He has a lot of growing up to do.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
you want a serious answer? i wouldn't discriminate against someone who was fat, ugly, pierced, tattoed or badly dressed.

but if the person was very fat, AND very ugly, AND horribly dressed, i'd start to think they have some sort of difficulty understanding common society and integration.

i'm ok with, say, my co-worker who dresses like a punk in the IBM office; she's a punk, that's her group, she has a social position.
but if she started piling on the weird, i'd be inclined to think she's not expressing herself, but rather loudly complaining of something i'm not aware of.

ofc she is free to be as she desires; i'm free to judge her based on my experience. i wouldn't hire her for *most* jobs.
i'm sure she'd do great in a starbucks, a 7-11, and a whole bunch of other places. she could do well in a skilled job, like dentist "or any other job where it doesn't matter if you have a loud personality, it matters that you have the skill".

but she's not going to get a job as lawyer, salesperson, office worker, and any other place where either weirdness is just another problem HR has to consider, or where image counts for a vast part of the business.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
In my past experiences with people with a lot of face piercings, they are constantly screwing around with their piercings, taking them out, spinning them around, itching them, sticking their fingers in their mouths, noses and ears (depending where the multiple piercings are) and I find that quite disgusting if they also happen to be making my food.

Several times in the past, I have refused piercing contaminated food and called over a manager before on nasty employees I saw fingering their piercings without washing their hands doing food prep, and I will no doubt have to complain about it again in the future, if I notice it again. So, if I see a multiple pierced hepatitis hippo making my food, they better keep their hands off the face and be wearing gloves, like some fast food joints require workers to wear.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
In my past experiences with people with a lot of face piercings, they are constantly screwing around with their piercings, taking them out, spinning them around, itching them, sticking their fingers in their mouths, noses and ears (depending where the multiple piercings are) and I find that quite disgusting if they also happen to be making my food.

Several times in the past, I have refused piercing contaminated food and called over a manager before on nasty employees I saw fingering their piercings without washing their hands doing food prep, and I will no doubt have to complain about it again in the future, if I notice it again. So, if I see a multiple pierced hepatitis hippo making my food, they better keep their hands off the face and be wearing gloves, like some fast food joints require workers to wear.

+1