Gillette Mach3 or Gillette Fusion

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Never tried Fusion...for special events I use Mach 3, all other times it's electric (faster, less irritation, no consumables).

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Mach 3 Turbo has much better and smoother moisturising strip. Lasts longer too.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Fusion, no doubt. Whether it's worth the money is up for some debate, but in the long run it's a relatively inconsequential amount of money.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tried both as well as schick quattro. Fusion is dream to shave with. Glides over my face and leaves my face smooth as silk. Closest shave this side of a barber's straight edge blade.
Id say Fusion > Mach 3 >>> Quattro.

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Gillette Fusion is terrible. The blades are so close together it gets clogged fast. My personal favorite is the Schick Quattro. Seems that 4 blades is good enough and they are spaced out enough where it doesn't get all clogged up.

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottFern
Gillette Fusion is terrible. The blades are so close together it gets clogged fast. My personal favorite is the Schick Quattro. Seems that 4 blades is good enough and they are spaced out enough where it doesn't get all clogged up.

The Quattro cut up my face and left it all irritated. I use the Fusion, myself, but if I don't have my Fusion available, the Mach3 is almost as good.

Gillette >>>>> Schick

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottFern

hah. the exact opposite happens to me, Quattro would get to clogged that id have to knock it against something to get all the hair out. With the fusion all I have to do is hold it under running water. But the mach 3 clogs the least though.

different strokes for different folks

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
the fusion gave me a closer shave than the mach3. also tried the schick quattro - it barely did anything the way the blades were designed. i still want to try and old school razor, though

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I like the shave from the mach 3 turbo better. The Fusion gets clogged too quickly, and it's hard to maneuver around the jaw line well. I love that single back blade though.

Feb 19, 2001
I've used both. I've also used the Quattro. I think I get used to the Fusion now. It's a little better. The fusion does get clogged easily, but I now feel it gets me a closer shave than the Mach 3. My only complaint is that it sometimes isnt the most comfortable, although it's nearly neck and neck with the Mach 3.

BTW, I have a Mach 3, M3 Turbo, Quattro, Quattro Titanium, Fusion Power.