Question GIGABYTE Z590 UD AC / GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER INSTALL ISSUES

exciter93

Nov 2, 2022
Windows 10 64 up to date Gigabyte Z590 UD AC up to date Bios 1 Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 980 500GB (primary) 1 Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD 970 500 GB On board sound and have been using on board graphics. I purchased a GTX 1660 and a new LG monitor. I installed the monitor first. Than installed the GTX in the PCIEX16 slot, plug in the power. Started computer and it would not load. I was asked to hit any key for setup, which I did but it would not enter setup. Disconnected the GTX. I tried to install the drivers / software (522.30) and received a message "driver not compatible with this version of Windows" and " This graphics driver could not find a compatible graphics hardware". The last one I understand because I do not have the card plug in. Please help and Thank You in advance. Ps: please keep it simple, I am not overly tech savvy.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Wait, how did you install the monitor before the GPU? Did you plug the monitor into the motherboard video outputs?

Did you make sure the pcie power connectors are plugged in correctly Into the GPU?

exciter93

Nov 2, 2022
OlyAR15, I did not do something stupid.
For the rest of you.
Removed the battery and clear cmos
Restart, set bios to standard settings
Restart
Shut down
Install card
Restart, card recognized
Install Nvidia drivers & software
Done.
I n
Can only assume I experienced a conflict when I first tried to install it.