Question Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro odd cold boot behaviour

milu316

Jan 24, 2019
I currently have the board above and when booted from cold it powers on with no post for about 35 seconds then powers down then on again then boots normally. Is this normal Behaviour? I have just been on the phone to Gigabyte and they tried it with an Aorus master but it didn't behave the same.

is this normal or should I send it back? Everything else appears fine.

I have thus far tried multiple bios versions disabled all overclocking features but it always does this from a powered off mains state.

Can anyone shed any light on why it may be doing this?

System spec is:
i9900k, 4 x 8gb kingston 2400mhz ram. asus 980 ti & seasonic 860w platinum psu.

Last edited:

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
It may be trying to run the ram as the standard 2666 mhz speed, finding that it won't, and rebooting at the 2400mhz speed.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
What you describe sounds like motherboard is trying to load saved settings, something is then not working properly, so the motherboard reboots loading different parameters.

When you say boot from cold, do you mean disconnected from power? If so, that's a common motherboard behavior for many models. My last Gigabyte board did that.

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I'd RMA it. That's too long assuming you have all your settings locked in correctly. I agree with the other replies in that that's normal when it a fails to boot due to an unstable OC, which you clearly don't have.