Gigabyte Z170x-Gaming-G1 SIV not showing temperatures in System Alert

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 x64 on z170x-Gaming-G1. I wanted to check the temperatures in System information viewer. The first page shows my CPU, motherboard, memory. However the Systems Alert page is essentially blank. Is there a service or something else I should check out. This occurs if I have defender on or off as well as windows firewall. I have no other AV or firewall software installed. I have all the latest patches/updates for windows, appcenter, easytune, siv.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
What BIOS version are you running on that board, and did you update to a new BIOS version?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'm on the latest "certified one" F6

Did you flash it or did it come with that version? If you flashed it, did you go into your BIOS and load the optimized defaults?

If so, do the temperature readings show up in the BIOS?

boed

Nov 19, 2009
I flashed it and didn't change what it came with I don't think. IS there some setting in the bios that lets you enable or disable temperature and electrical sensors?

It is not set to fast start if that is what you are thinking about - I read bad stuff about it.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I'm not talking about fast boot. When you flash your BIOS, after it is done and restarts your computer, you go into the BIOS and select 'load optimized defaults' and the save and exit.

You do this because sometimes the BIOS update won't fully take effect depending on what they are fixing.

In your BIOS there will be a section where you can see temperatures and change some power settings (MIT I think).

boed

Nov 19, 2009
I did now just set it to load optimized defaults - still nothing in SIV. The bios shows my CPU temp but I'm looking for my system temp when I'm in windows.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I did now just set it to load optimized defaults - still nothing in SIV. The bios shows my CPU temp but I'm looking for my system temp when I'm in windows.

Ok, so it does show the temperature in your BIOS.

Next step is software related. Did you install Microsoft.NET Framework 4.5 before you installed the Gigabyte App Center?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Does it show you any information at all in System Information Viewer app? Things in the system information, smart fan auto, or smart fan advanced tabs?

At this point you might want to: Right click on start menu - control panel - uninstall a program - SIV.

Then after it is done, restart your computer and install it again. Make sure you are using the most current version from Gigabyte's website (or download it from within the Gigabyte App Center). Also make sure you are logged in as an administrator when you do this.

Last edited:

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Yes that is what I said - it shows the CPU, memory etc. It is not showing anything in the temperature/voltage tab.

I have already uninstalled all gigabyte apps and reinstalled after a full cold boot I have full admin rights and ran it as administrator.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Don't know what to tell you then. It's probably just a software issue if the temps are showing in the BIOS, but maybe contact Gigabyte for technical support and see if there is any known issues with your particular board.

When I installed my items, I installed the .NET service, installed the app center, and downloaded SIV from within the app, and it works without issues with my board.

I also found this thread where the guy was having the same type of issues, and ended up finding material under his CPU. It's towards the end of the thread. Not saying this is your problem, but one thing to consider in your trouble-shooting process.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2519291/cpu-temp-sensor-motherboard-stuck-temp-reading.html

Last edited:

boed

Nov 19, 2009
Thanks - I've contacted gigabyte. I think I have all my services running but I'm guessing it is a service that won't stay running.