GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite or ASRock X570 Pro 4 for Ryzen 3600

Mtj

Oct 9, 2016
I plan to get a new computer in the next two or three months. I'm undecided bewteen GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Elite and ASRock X570 Pro 4.

Which one would you should I get?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
There will be new models out by then, along with several BIOS updates, so decide when you are ready to buy.

There's no point in deciding today as a lot can change in 90 days since the platform is still new.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I agree with U&T. I went for the Elite for my 3900x build, but, if you are going to wait for 2-3 months, there could be better boards out there. One thing I should note, is that if you are looking for USB headers, the Elite is not the way to go.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I have the Elite and I do not recommend it. Its appearances give a well-built board look, but hardware is only as good as the software that controls it. The board is good enough for stock configuration, but any fiddling will trigger frustration.

The above observation has limitations:

1. As noted by others, X570 BIOS in general is not mature yet.
2. I have not compared the Gigabyte board with other X570 boards, and my advice is based on the past experiences of various builds which set a certain expectation of a motherboard from me.

ASRock boards do not give me any confidence from what I have seen. Their boards have weird layouts and some of them look downright underprepared. X570 Taichi, for example, has a problem of chipset heating up the video card. It is because of a poor design, and considering that it is their flagship board, I have to wonder what kind of planning and quality control takes place at ASRock. I have not heard of any raving reviews about ASRock's BIOS, either.

At this point I would go for an ASUS board or an MSI board.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I agree with U&T. I went for the Elite for my 3900x build, but, if you are going to wait for 2-3 months, there could be better boards out there. One thing I should note, is that if you are looking for USB headers, the Elite is not the way to go.
What is wrong with the Elite's USB ports?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What is wrong with the Elite's USB ports?

Nothing wrong with them. There are 2 3.2 headers, and 2 2.0 headers. So if you have fan controllers or things like that, you will run out quickly. For the vast majority of people this will not be a problem.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Oh, I see. How does your Elite's DPC latency look? On mine it is abysmal.