Question Gigabyte GA-E6010N, AMD should destroy these chips instead of selling them to OEMs

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
Gigabyte is now trying to push these recently release things on us and im holding my ground with a NO. How do AMD do not realise that these things are worthless and they just generate a negative brand image?

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Is that Beema? Looks like they had some spares in the warehouse. No way anyone's making these fresh except to fulfill a long-term contract or something.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Beema? In 2020? Are you serious? LOL...

Edit: Is it a quad-core? I was using my A4-6310 Puma(+?) quad-core laptop recently, and those things weren't that bad. I think that my single-module/dual-"core" Stoney Ridge A4-9120e laptop was a little faster in ST, but it could easily get bogged down in MT, whereas, the quad-core Puma didn't get bogged down as much in MT, being a true quad-core, rather than a gussied-up single-core (effectively).

If it was Puma(+), and a quad-core, that wouldn't be so bad, is what I'm saying. Nice and low-power too.

What's next, though? A resurrection of AM1, called AM1+? LOL.

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
That's even slower than Kabini, Larry. Well, it does have parallel/serial ports built-in AND a legacy PCI slot, very niche product indeed, but I suppose it may have some uses if the price is right.

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
It is a dual core 1.3Ghz Beema, yes. But it is a new product, this was recently introduced to replace the older model Gigabyte had, the E2500N. If you are in doubt check the logos, the box logo is the new version of Gigabyte logos, also used on B550 motherboards.
EDIT: sorry i did not notice the box image is not on the webpage, here we go.
0iZIHog.jpg

That's even slower than Kabini, Larry. Well, it does have parallel/serial ports built-in AND a legacy PCI slot, very niche product indeed, but I suppose it may have some uses if the price is right.

2 years ago we had the E3000N, because of serial ports it was used as POS with COM printers. But today with W10 and most of the POS software being web based, it cant do that job, because these cat cores are terrible at web browsing. At any rate, these things cant run W10 smoothly with a SSD and 8GB of ram, so you are also limited to Win7.

Multimedia is OK as long as you have codec support, but i would say these things have two uses... Small office NAS and PBX box. This thing is low power, and PBX does not needs much as long you dont have too many simul calls, and NAS needs little cpu. Other server use with little CPU usage may also apply, but they are just not up for desktop usage at this point.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
They could also provide replacement for PCs controlling industrial/scientific equipment, either through the serial/parallel or the PCI slot. It might be slow, but if you're replacing a P3 it's not like you'll notice.

Reactions: MrGuvernment

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
It's an embedded board. Cheap, low power, lots of legacy IO. Seems like a reasonable product for its intended use case, it's just a shame it's not fanless.

Shivansps

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2013
Please explain "push on us". They are not simply offering these as a new product, to purchase and re-sell? They are trying to force-bundle, or require purchase somehow?

Easy put, im not sure what the exact word is, the two biggest "importers" brought them here, on Gigabyte advise, but due to the low interest, Gigabyte is directly talking with resellers to buy it, offering rebates, lower prices and that sort of things.

Nothing bad with what Gigabyte does, but it is a product that 95% of the time will get sold as desktops pcs, and they are slow as hell for that, last time when we had the E3000N we had a ton of complains and returns. And this one is probably even slower.

At any rate, well be all eating dogs soon enoght here, not sure why i worry about a motherboard.