GIANTS/COWBOYS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
The Giants may have a great D line, but the Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Romo will make a few boneheaded plays on his own, but he will still get it done. Barber is going to run right through Strahan's gappy teeth. Ware is going to make Manning eat grass for supper.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Dallas hasn't played the hardest games, no, but I'd say harder than the Giants. And they've won by bigger margins. I'll give you the Giants having a better d-line, but the Cowboys have better linebackers. The Eagles have better DTs than the Giants, and I wouldn't exactly call Trent Cole (leading the league in sacks) and Jevon Kearse slouches at DE. Absolutely in the same league as the Giants, perhaps as good.

edit: And even if the Giants have a slightly better D, which I disagree with...Dallas' O is better at pretty much every single position. Its not even close there.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: tfinch2
The Giants may have a great D line, but the Cowboys have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Romo will make a few boneheaded plays on his own, but he will still get it done. Barber is going to run right through Strahan's gappy teeth. Ware is going to make Manning eat grass for supper.

Giants O line has played great all season long. They've allowed FOUR sacks of Manning this season. Romo has been sacked 10 times. Not an exact indication, but the Giants O line has played great.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: se7en
Dude you think a team that barely beat Miami is going to be a good game? They will do better than the Eagles but it'll still be a 41-21 game.

Read the thread. The Giants just ran the ball all day.

And yeah they almost lost to Buffalo but look how many times they turned the ball over and STILL won?

You say it like 6 INT's are a good thing. They won that game by the skin of their teeth.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Yes, and the Giants eeked out a win over the Dolphins, who have 4 less wins than the Bills.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
Yes, and the Giants eeked out a win over the Dolphins, who have 4 less wins than the Bills.

That was not a normal game.
Read the thread.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: ThePresence

You say it like 6 INT's are a good thing. They won that game by the skin of their teeth.

Yeah they ran the ball but its still Miami.

6 picks is simply awful but if they can still win imagine if he throws 0.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: se7en

Yeah they ran the ball but its still Miami.

6 picks is simply awful but if they can still win imagine if he throws 0.

Sure, if they were playing Buffalo, not the Giants. :)

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

Read the thread.

Like throwing 6 INTs is a normal game?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: tfinch2

Read the thread.

Like throwing 6 INTs is a normal game?

It was being played in normal conditions.
Throwing 6 INT's is just having a bad game.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

Read the thread.

Yes, it was raining, I'm aware of that. Playing through bad weather is a part of what makes football better than baseball. Manning was extremely ineffective when he did throw the ball, receivers having trouble getting upfield or no, and they still only beat a winless team by 3. I'm responding to your dumb allegation with one of my own. The Dolphins are 0-8, the Bills are 4-4. I'll take a close game on the road to a 4-4 team over a close game on a neutral site to an 0-8 team any day.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
ps good thing Tony didn't throw 6 INTs, huh?

I'm sorry, 5 INT's and a lost fumble, my bad.

Look, we can both make points each way, which is what makes this a good game.
Giants are better at this, Cowboys are better at this, etc.
I think it's more evenly matched than you do.
We shall see.
I expect an exciting game.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

Read the thread.

Yes, it was raining, I'm aware of that. Playing through bad weather is a part of what makes football better than baseball. Manning was extremely ineffective when he did throw the ball, receivers having trouble getting upfield or no, and they still only beat a winless team by 3. I'm responding to your dumb allegation with one of my own. The Dolphins are 0-8, the Bills are 4-4. I'll take a close game on the road to a 4-4 team over a close game on a neutral site to an 0-8 team any day.

It's not the rain I'm talking about. It's the field conditions which you will not find on any NFL field regardless of weather. They were playing in a swamp.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Oh...so it was raining which caused the field to be swampy. And this didn't hurt the Dolphins, because.....?

I'm aware that the field conditions turned the game into a run-fest, but the simple fact is, they only beat an 0-8 team by 3 points. That's all I'm saying. You keep pointing to Dallas/Buffalo, so I'll keep pointing to NYG/Miami. Unless you'd prefer, oh, I dunno...NYG/DAL.

You're entitled to think it will be a close game, and I'm entitled to laugh at you for it. Pretty simple.

UnixFreak

Platinum Member
Nov 27, 2000
I'm very torn on this one. Both Dallas and NY are in a good rhythm, but I still think the cowboy offense is stronger. I agree the Giants have improved a lot since the last matchup, but I think all it will do is close the spread a little. The cowboy offense is really strong, and I still see the Giants offense as a work in progress.

Dallas is my pick on this for sure. It won't be a blowout, but I doubt it will be as close as people think.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Oh...so it was raining which caused the field to be swampy. And this didn't hurt the Dolphins, because.....?

I'm aware that the field conditions turned the game into a run-fest, but the simple fact is, they only beat an 0-8 team by 3 points. That's all I'm saying. You keep pointing to Dallas/Buffalo, so I'll keep pointing to NYG/Miami. Unless you'd prefer, oh, I dunno...NYG/DAL.

You're entitled to think it will be a close game, and I'm entitled to laugh at you for it. Pretty simple.

Of course it hurt the Dolphins. But they had to take chances that the Giants didnt need to take. They aired the ball out, the Giants were unwilling to do that with the lead and the conditions.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
egh...what's your point? They won the game, just like Dallas did against Buffalo. You can try to use the "omgz teh conditions were so bad!!1" defense for it being close, but it just makes you look like an idiot scraping for reasons why his team is good.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
This will be a big game for Dallas, so they'll be up for it. Giants get spanked at home 31 - 17.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
I read the OP's TITLE as GIANT COBWEBS! at first, and got excited. Just came here to express my disappointment...

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: So
I read the OP's TITLE as GIANT COBWEBS! at first, and got excited. Just came here to express my disappointment...

lol.

Yep yep, ThePresence you can't argue winning a close game against a bad opponent because of conditions is any better than winning a close game against a decent opponent because your QB has a horrible day.

Point is, both games were wins. Good teams are the ones that win the games they are "supposed" to, whether it's by the skin of their teeth (or 50 yard field goal as the case may be) or whether it's just a hard fought mud bowl.

I think the Giants are ok, but I think the cowboys are good. As I predicted earlier, cowboys by 10 but pulling away late (late 3rd or 4th).

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I think Dallas is highly over rated but so are the Giants. I won't mind if the Cowgurls win as long as T.O gets his bell rung (Romo getting his bell rung would be a bonus)
Yes, these are highlights that I'd like to see.:D