Giants: Citizen Kabuto - Worth playing?

IndyJaws

Golden Member
Nov 24, 2000
I got a copy of this when I got my Gainward card. Is this worth installing and playing?

Gamespot gave it a 9.0, but they're kinda hit and miss with their reviews.

What's it like? (I personally prefer FPS - loving JKII right now!)

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
I love FPS's too. I bought Giants when it first came out and I loved it. The graphics are sweet, and the game itself (cut scenes anyway) is hilarious.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
It has its moments that make the game worth playing. I was literally laughing out loud at some of the cinemas. And laughing the next day when I recalled it.

The game itself is fairly fun, though not revolutionary. But it is worht playing IMO.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I noticed just browsing at CompUSA. The box looked really beautiful. Now, I'm not a gamester by any means at all. I'm just talking about my impression of the art portrayed on the box. It was pretty stunning compared to most all of the other stuff I saw. Since you already have it, why not have a look?

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
It's worth checking out. Not the greatest game ever, but its pretty fun. It looks nice too.

DJediMaster

Dec 27, 2000
I didn't really like the game. I played through the first few missions and then i got stuck. I thought the game was really hard and frustrating because you have to start from the beginning of each mission after failing it. It was pretty funny though...cutscenes especially...but not enough to justify the purchase imo. Now JKII is a true gem that is worth your dollar!

FredLocks

Nov 5, 2001
Oh yeah, you'll love the graphics on that system. It's a great game. You play as three different characters so there us plenty of variation and as datalink link said it's quite funny.