Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex 1st gig

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Absolutely. Amazing.

I never thought anime could be that good.
I had seen it only on tv and only the first part fo the season and snippets of episode 25, so seeing all the eps. in consecutive order was new to me.

I am in awe of how fvking great that was.

*silence*

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: RedArmy
:thumbsup: Glad to see other people enjoy it

The plot, the emotion, the suspense, the intelligence that was expected of the viewership...all of it...I really enjoyed the tachikoma disscussion about death and such that htey were having in the bay. I was actually surprised that anything out there would be so bold as to discuss such complex issues

I am still in shock of how great that was.

Sure I've been watching 2ng gig with the whole Kuze plot, but this is jsut unreal.

it was jsut so fvkign good.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Yeah, the first gig really hit a lull midway through but ended in one hellacious bang.

I haven't gotten into the 2nd gig yet. My DirecTV service was messed up while moving (scheduling service) so my DirecTivo missed a couple of eps.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
Yeah, the first gig really hit a lull midway through but ended in one hellacious bang.

I haven't gotten into the 2nd gig yet. My DirecTV service was messed up while moving (scheduling service) so my DirecTivo missed a couple of eps.

Jsut make sure you watch it @ a good quality (set your pvr on high) and try to see if you can get it in 5.1

The difference is ridiculous.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Maleficus
Berserk > *

I have that and need to pop it in when I get a chance....

*fires up GITS: stand alone complex 2nd gig :D *

I;ve been watching it on Cartoon Network but there is no comaprison...

japanese 5.1 > english stereo....:D

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

Jsut make sure you watch it @ a good quality (set your pvr on high) and try to see if you can get it in 5.1

Heh...that's the great thing about DirecTivo...it has only one quality setting - high. :D

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

Heh...that's the great thing about DirecTivo...it has only one quality setting - high. :D

:thumbsup:

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Soccerman06
2nd gig confuses the hell outta me, I feel bad for the Tachicomas.

for some rason I find them to be quite understandable...

I too feel bad for the tachikomas...their story was both compelling and educational...

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
damnit thats the 3rd time you've reminded me of those poor tachikomas in a week.

//scurries off sad and depressed...

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos
damnit thats the 3rd time you've reminded me of those poor tachikomas in a week.

those little death tanks were so cute:(

Crescent13

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

:(
rose.gif

bersl2

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Crescent13

rose.gif

Those scenes are absolutely kathartic. If I want to cry, I watch those Tachikoma scenes.

:brokenheart:
rose.gif

The Tachikoma embody everything that is great about the human intelligence and sentience upon which theirs is modelled.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: bersl2
Originally posted by: Crescent13

rose.gif

Those scenes are absolutely kathartic. If I want to cry, I watch those Tachikoma scenes.

:brokenheart:
rose.gif

The Tachikoma embody everything that is great about the human intelligence and sentience upon which theirs is modelled.

well said.

spike spiegal

Mar 13, 2006
I typically hate most anime', and find it dull and repetitive.

However, 'Standalone Complex' is damn well done and superb SciFi. I wish all anime' were this good.

thelanx

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2000
Absolutely. Amazing.

I never thought anime could be that good.
I had seen it only on tv and only the first part fo the season and snippets of episode 25, so seeing all the eps. in consecutive order was new to me.

I am in awe of how fvking great that was.

*silence*

I'm glad you got to go back and watch all the episodes in sequence. The buildup to the ending was amazing, and seeing snippets of episode 25 does not do it justice. At the end I found relief from the tension but was breathless from the wild ride, and yet I was yearning for more.

zerocool1

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
femaven.blogspot.com
Originally posted by: spike spiegal
I typically hate most anime', and find it dull and repetitive.

However, 'Standalone Complex' is damn well done and superb SciFi. I wish all anime' were this good.

its just a matter of finding the right serials.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Do I need to watch the original GitS movie to watch the series? Or can I just go into the series?

thelanx

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2000
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Do I need to watch the original GitS movie to watch the series? Or can I just go into the series?

The series are sort of an alternate universe from the original movie, with the same characters/setting but different plot arc. While you don't have to watch the original movie, it may provide some background information that would otherwise require a few episodes of the series to grasp.