Getting to South Padre Island, Tx

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
You guys strike me as party animals. Are there special deals to get to S Padre Island from Chicago? It looks like the only way to fly into BRO is through Continental and they won't do it round trip for less than $403

Anyone have experience-based knowledge for a cheaper trip using alternate or multiple modes of transportation?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Sailors from Ingleside, TX (right north of Padre Island ish) are forbidden to go to South Padre for spring break due to all the shootings and stabbings. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Sailors from Ingleside, TX (right north of Padre Island ish) are forbidden to go to South Padre for spring break due to all the shootings and stabbings. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

I'll be long gone by the time spring breakers get there. But thanks for worrying about my boat! :)

Jan 18, 2001
Only one airline flies into S Padre?

I seem to remember a two hour drive from North Padre Island (i.e., Corpus Christie). Your probably best off just flying into BRO since you're unlikely to be able to rent a car and drive there and still spend less $$

lizardth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2005
Southwest Airlines offers flights into Harlingen and flights out of Chicago, I dunno about the price tho. It looks to be a lot less, but I don't know when you are traveling, that can make a big difference in price.