Getting really tired of the DHS BS

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
The DHS and TSA needs someone to give them a slap across the back of the head and tell them this isn't the USSR cold war era.

If you aren't aware the dhs has been publishing a lot of material lately that is being distributed to law enforcement and now a video they are showing to large crowds . The video talks about how you as a citizen should report any suspicious activity to dhs fusion centers, it is your duty as an American. It wouldn't be bad if they showed things like someone making a bomb, but they are showing things like reporting someone for taking pictures with a smartphone, or questioning people for identification when you see them in hallways .

Some of the publications tell hobby shops to report people for buying electronics or interest in remote control planes. This is ridiculous. This is the exact same propaganda that Germany and USSR showed to their populations, worsening what was considered something to report as time went on. You are not an American if you don't watch your fellow citizens.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-SuspiciousActivity/Electronic_Stores.pdf

Purchasers showing unusual interest through questions related to:
 Radio frequencies (used/not used) by law enforcement
 Voice or data encryption, VOIP, satellite phones, voice privacy
 Use of anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address
 Swapping SIM cards in cell phones or how phone location can be tracked
 Rewiring cell phone’s ringer or backlight
 Products/components related to military-style equipment
 Unusual comments regarding radical theology, vague/cryptic warnings, or
anti-U.S. sentiments that appear to be out-of-place and provocative
Purchases including unusual combinations of:
- Electronic timer or timing devices - Phone or “bug” detection devices
- 2-way radios - Batteries
- GPS - Switches
- Digital Voice Changers - Wire and soldering tools
- Infra-Red Devices - Night Vision
- Police scanners - Flashlight Bulb
s

Freaking batteries ? Really ? That is suspicious ? I suppose buying a remote control plane and batteries for the remote would really be bad.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/FBI-SuspiciousActivity/Hobby_Shops.pdf
 Demonstrating unusual interest in remote-controlled aircraft.
Exhibiting unusual interest or specific interest in rocket motors
or igniters.

Be part of the solution.
 Require valid ID from all new
customers.
 Keep records of purchases.
 Talk to customers, ask questions, and
listen to and observe their responses.
 Watch for people and actions that are out
of place.
 Make note of suspicious statements,
people, and/or vehicles.
 If something seems wrong, notify law
enforcement authorities.
Do not jeopardize your safety or the safety
of others.
Preventing terrorism is a community effort.
By learning what to look for, you can make a
positive contribution in the fight against
terrorism. The partnership between the
community and law enforcement is
essential to the success of anti-terrorism
efforts.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Why do you not want them asking questions? Planning any unusual purchases soon?

Only way to exercise any freedom is to be alive, you can't live if terrorists kill you.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Why do you not want them asking questions? Planning any unusual purchases soon?

Only way to exercise any freedom is to be alive, you can't live if terrorists kill you.

I don't mind them asking questions, just let me get my fake passport and hide all my stuff before they come.

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
We are well on our way to being a full blown police state and people don't seem to care. From tracking online traffic in huge data centers, to passing the NDAA and patriot act, to these new watch lists coming out. What are they so worried about? If there is something that every American can get behind it is the protection of our privacy and liberty. Both of those are getting walked over right now.

I am curious to know what has triggered this paranoia from the government in the last few years.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
We are well on our way to being a full blown police state and people don't seem to care. From tracking online traffic in huge data centers, to passing the NDAA and patriot act, to these new watch lists coming out. What are they so worried about? If there is something that every American can get behind it is the protection of our privacy and liberty. Both of those are getting walked over right now.

I am curious to know what has triggered this paranoia from the government in the last few years.

The internet. Too many citizens getting uppity online. They need to remind us that we're supposed to be afraid, so we'll keep voting for the Rs and Ds who keep us safe from terr'ists.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
wow, id be flagged on most of them :eek:

encrypt stuff with truecrypt, use vpns and proxies /anonymous portals etc.
night vision goggles? how about people who bought a version of some COD game and got a pair with it!

as for:
- Electronic timer or timing devices
- GPS - Switches
- Digital Voice Changers

any smartphone can do these

swapping SIMS? i do that from time to time as i see fit. radio freqs? like finding out which ones are used in the US to see if there's any chance my 3G would work or not?

a way to detect bugs? not yet but if the US / UK governments get worse i sure as hell would look into it!

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
The internet. Too many citizens getting uppity online. They need to remind us that we're supposed to be afraid, so we'll keep voting for the Rs and Ds who keep us safe from terr'ists.

Yeah I can definitely see that, good point. I think the chaos of the internet really scares them. It is last refuge of absolute freedom in the world and now they want to oversee that too. There has never been a time in history where people could communicate as effectively as they can now. The decentralized nature of it makes control very difficult but it looks like they are going to try.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Following links off the bja site you find more and more stuff the clearly people don't know is going on.

A call to action ?
http://nsi.ncirc.gov/documents/A_Call_to_Action.pdf

As a law enforcement or homeland security professional, you are responsible to ensure that the public you
serve understands how to report suspicious activity and that your agency/organizational members support
the collection, analysis, and submission of Suspicious Activity Reports to your fusion center or FBI/JTTF

Sounds an awful lot like " As a member of the SS you are to ensure that the public understands the need to report any suspicious activity to the Gestapo."

What is a fusion center ?
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/3/senate-report-intelligence-effort-named-citizens-n/

Last edited:

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Planning ahead, for when people revolt against tyranny. People rioting in the streets will be terrorists.

yep, from the dhs site
http://www.dhs.gov/national-network-fusion-centers-fact-sheet
Our nation faces an evolving threat environment, in which threats not only emanate from outside our borders, but also from within our communities. This new environment demonstrates the increasingly critical role fusion centers play to support the sharing of threat-related information between the federal government and SLTT partners.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
People keep voting for big government, then are surprised when the government gets bigger. The bigger government gets, the more idiots you have sitting around trying to find ways to justify their continued employment by coming up with crap like this.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Agreed Modelworks, the only thing scarier then government bureaucracies over reaching their authority is the way some citizens bend over to let the TSA and NHS screw em.