Getting DSL

genchik

Dec 27, 2001
Hey guys/girls,

We are stuck in a tough situation here in the office. We placed an order for Verizon to install DSL for us, but they rejected us because we have no coppper running through the entire office park. They said they would install is for $12,000 which is a joke. Next we tried comcast business, but those SOB's said to run the line would cost $50,000. We spoke to AT&T today, and they said they will guarantee SDSL service for us at 768/768. My question sis, does SDSL require copper as well, or will somehow AT&T run the lines differently? T1 is an option, but it is a little bit over our budget. Do you guys think AT&T will be able to run the SDSL for us here, or will we have to go with a T1 line.

Thanks.:(

PCHPlayer

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2001
Ask around to other businesses in the office park to see what they are doing. My Brother-in-law had the same problem. He called Verizon, they said no way, call the cable company, again rejected. Talked to the landlord who told him another business had DSL. Called the other business, called back Verizon and this time the tech said "no problem".
Moral: sometimes the phone guys have no clue what can or cannot be done.

genchik

Dec 27, 2001
Most of the offices here either have a T1 connection or no internet, nobody with DSL. I guess i will wait for AT&T and what they say. Since the office is fiber, are there any ISP's that could run an internet connection directly through fiber?

martind1

Jul 3, 2003
i know you can sometimes get partial t3 lines and such. not sure if they do it with t1. but that might be 1 avenue to pursue.

genchik

Dec 27, 2001
I just spoke to one of our consultants who is doing database design, and he believes AT&T will reject us because of no copper in the building. We are able to get Full/partial T1's and probably a full T1 is the best option right now with current prices.