Get your $30 970 Settlement Check (Official Website)

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
US only - https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Home.aspx

WELCOME TO THE GTX 970 GRAPHICS CHIP LITIGATION WEBSITE
If you are a U.S. resident and you purchased one or more GeForce GTX 970 graphics processing unit ('GTX 970') devices in the U.S. from the Defendants, the AIC Partners ("AIC Partners" is defined in the Settlement Agreement as "Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA, InnoVISION Multimedia Limited, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., Manli Technology Group Ltd., Palit Microsystems Ltd., PC Partner Group Ltd., PNY Technologies Inc. and ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. or their subsidiaries, divisions or affiliates") or their authorized retailers between September 1, 2014 and August 24, 2016, other than for purposes of resale or distribution, you have a right to know about a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit and your options.

If you are eligible, you may submit a claim for $30 cash for each qualifying GTX 970 device purchased in the U.S. between September 1, 2014 and August 24, 2016. There is no limit on the number of claims you can submit, subject to providing appropriate Proof of Purchase as described below.

NATURE OF THE SETTLEMENT
This lawsuit claimed that Defendants sold GeForce GTX 970 graphics processing units to consumers based on inaccurate or misleading information regarding the GTX 970's specifications, performance, and capabilities. Defendants deny that they did anything wrong. The Court has not made any ruling on the factual allegations in the lawsuit. For more information regarding the litigation, you can download a copy of the Settlement Agreement and Long-Form Notice by clicking on the document below.
YOUR OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
Submit a Claim Online or Postmarked by November 30, 2016
File a Claim

This is the only way to receive a Cash Payment. By submitting a claim, you will give up any rights to sue Defendants separately about the same legal claims in this lawsuit.

See website for more details / options

ConsoleLover

Aug 28, 2016
Its a weak punishment, but say if 300k 970 owners decide to apply for this it could cost Nvidia quite a bit. I don't know how many people would realistically specifically own a 970, I'm assuming worldwide probably less than a million, so if say 30% decide to take this deal, it would mean Nvidia could dish out around 10 million us dollars.

So it won't break Nvidia, but 10 million is no walk in the park either, it will put a dent in their profits.

Azix

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2014
Is this a physical check?

Also it seems it could be easily abused. sending multiple forms of proof for the same card.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Its a weak punishment, but say if 300k 970 owners decide to apply for this it could cost Nvidia quite a bit. I don't know how many people would realistically specifically own a 970, I'm assuming worldwide probably less than a million, so if say 30% decide to take this deal, it would mean Nvidia could dish out around 10 million us dollars.

So it won't break Nvidia, but 10 million is no walk in the park either, it will put a dent in their profits.
Do u realize how big Nvidia has become?

Last quarter Nvidia made $1.43 billion in revenue, and they're expecting year of year growth. So for 4 quarters that's $5.6 billion in revenue a year. $10 million is ~0.001% of their annual profits, so no, it won't put a dent in anything. It's less than pocket change for them, more like pocket lint.

Reactions: Arachnotronic

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
This issue was way overblown if you ask me. I knew about the 3.5+.5 memory when I brought my 970 last year.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Is this a physical check?

Also it seems it could be easily abused. sending multiple forms of proof for the same card.
Some vast idiots will undoubtedly do so. They better hope the admin does not follow up with that request for more evidence of proof of purchase though. Given that you agree to a legally binding contract, during the claim submission, under the penalty of perjury, that you are being completely truthful.

Submitting info you can get from a sale listing would be a red flag that automatically request further evidence of proof of purchase, were I the admin for the payouts. Otherwise it will be heavily abused as you pointed out. Because if they just do the "seems legit" on submissions that have nothing but the SKU or PN it will get ugly fast.

Madpacket

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2005

Last quarter Nvidia made $1.43 billion in revenue, and they're expecting year of year growth. So for 4 quarters that's $5.6 billion in revenue a year. $10 million is ~0.001% of their annual profits, so no, it won't put a dent in anything. It's less than pocket change for them, more like pocket lint.

The bad press surrounding the issue likely hurts them more financially then the actual payouts.

Mar 10, 2006
The bad press surrounding the issue likely hurts them more financially then the actual payouts.

GTX 970 went on to be NVIDIA's most popular Maxwell GPU and is currently the most popular GPU on Steam, and it continued to grow in popularity even once this "scandal" was well publicized.

Believe it or not, most gamers/GPU buyers didn't give a hoot about RAMGate :p

ConsoleLover

Aug 28, 2016

Revenue and profits are not the same GENIUS. Read up on your grade school. Revenue is the net income without applying expenses, profits are when you apply expenses.

10 million is still small, but when looking at profits it is a dent.

Insulting other members is not allowed
Markfw900
Ananadtech Supermoderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Madpacket

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Tb
GTX 970 went on to be NVIDIA's most popular Maxwell GPU and is currently the most popular GPU on Steam, and it continued to grow in popularity even once this "scandal" was well publicized.

Believe it or not, most gamers/GPU buyers didn't give a hoot about RAMGate :p

The RAMGate thing was overblown, I agree. However bad press reaches more than just gamers, investor's look at these issues too.

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008
Cool. Getting $90 for the three I bought over a year and a half. I had no bitch with them so its just icing on the cake of cards I was happy with anyway.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
Revenue and profits are not the same GENIUS. Read up on your grade school. Revenue is the net income without applying expenses, profits are when you apply expenses.

10 million is still small, but when looking at profits it is a dent.

Insulting other members is not allowed
Markfw900
Ananadtech Supermoderator
Yes revenue, expenses included. 10 million is part of the expenses, it doesn't even register in the overall revenue picture. But whatever no point arguing about this. Nvidia's CEO became a billionaire this year due to the insane surge in their stock price. The company became the king of the entire semi conductor industry this year as well, and it's the darling of Wallstreet. 10 million is nothing them. This year's Nvidia is a giant of a company compared to last year. Their stock went from $22 last year to $63 this year, that's almost 200% increase in their market cap (a 32 billion dollar company). But yea, keep on arguing it'll make a dent.

Last edited:

showb1z

Dec 30, 2010
They're getting off cheap. But not as cheap as In the EU, retailers simply ate the cost of Nvidia's deception here.
Thanks Amazon, for funding my upgrade to a better card.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
The 3.5 GB issue isn't a big deal as long as NVIDIA continues to remedy the issue in current and future games. The stutter was really bad in games like SOM, and the The Division, but NVIDIA has fixed most, if not all of the stuttering issues when using over 3.5 GB of VRAM. I hope NVIDIA continues to remedy this issue for some time, as the GTX 970 is still a pretty fast and popular card.

Reactions: Madpacket

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
The 3.5 GB issue isn't a big deal as long as NVIDIA continues to remedy the issue in current and future games

DX12 appears to destroy it.

DX11 (Launch Date):
1920_1080.png

DX12 (Recent Review):
rottr_1920_1080.png

980 gains a few FPS while the 970 drops by a huge amount.

Reactions: DamZe