Get ready. We're going for regime change in Syria.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Syria has missles and Sarin gas. They are an immediate threat. By attacking Hezbollah in Lebynon we can topple Syria too. Do we do it before or after Bush wins the election. What do you think? Do you see this comming?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
I don't think he'll risk it. His chances are better if he bets that the economy will generate jobs and that saddam's trial will make him look good.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
I don't think he'll risk it. His chances are better if he bets that the economy will generate jobs and that saddam's trial will make him look good.
The groundwork is being laid. You should start feeling afraid very soon.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Syria has missles and Sarin gas. They are an immediate threat. By attacking Hezbollah in Lebynon we can topple Syria too. Do we do it before or after Bush wins the election. What do you think? Do you see this comming?

How does attacking Hezbollah topple Syria?
Removing that group will aid Israel (you do not want that do you).

Syria is a small pain to the world, a big headache for Israel.
They know that Israel can tear them a new a-hole without the US support, supporting Hezbolla just acts a thorn.
If they were told that they had a choice of support terror groups or becoming a wasteland, they will get rid of the terror groups quickly.

I can see that once we extract from Iraq, then any other countries that are actively allowing terror groups to operate will get an ultimateum.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
If Bush pulls us into Syria he has brain damage. That would be the dumbest move so far. That would put the preemption doctrine on the gallows for sure.

Anyway, Bush can't sustain the war in Iraq, so I doubt he could pull off another one.

-Robert

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Do we do it before or after Bush wins the election. What do you think?
Apparently your not a "Pioneer". The revolution (in Syria) will be broadcast...after the inaugural ball! Yehaw, falafel for everyone! cheap!

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I figured Iran would be next. I mean the Bushie will claim they have a noo-ker-ler weapons program and that the country is a haven for terrorists. Nothing will happen until after the election. Bush wouldn't want people to think he is a warmonger or something. LOL

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No. Syria has been cooperating with the UN and recently opened up diplomatic relations with Turkey.

edit: quadruple 6 post :Q:p

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: conehead433
I figured Iran would be next. I mean the Bushie will claim they have a noo-ker-ler weapons program and that the country is a haven for terrorists. Nothing will happen until after the election. Bush wouldn't want people to think he is a warmonger or something. LOL

Doubtful, although I'm sure he would take credit if the banned MPs and the citizens of Iran finally do what they should have done a long while ago and remove the Guardian Council and Supreme Leader from power.

onelove

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Strk
Originally posted by: conehead433

Doubtful, although I'm sure he would take credit if the banned MPs and the citizens of Iran finally do what they should have done a long while ago and remove the Guardian Council and Supreme Leader from power.

perhaps this seems doubtful today, but it _is_ just next door & part of the evil "axis" You can bet Iran is treading carefully right now (e.g. cave-in re IAEA inspections & announcement re immorality of nukes).

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
Mooneey,

how often do you need to post to your own thread to keep it alive.

Kind of like laughing at your own jokes.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I laugh at my own jokes too.

Bump!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been awhile since Syria has been a blip on the screen... I've been trying to develop a position on this.. an will in time I'm sure.. but, for now I guess I find it hard to believe the second link was really in context.. it is plausible but IMO insane. I may change that opinion but, for now it seems way destabilizing for the rest of the area.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: LunarRay
I laugh at my own jokes too.

Bump!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been awhile since Syria has been a blip on the screen... I've been trying to develop a position on this.. an will in time I'm sure.. but, for now I guess I find it hard to believe the second link was really in context.. it is plausible but IMO insane. I may change that opinion but, for now it seems way destabilizing for the rest of the area.

Check out The Project for a New American Century that I linked to before the war. It ain't so strange. All part of the plan.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Moonbeam,
Check out The Project for a New American Century that I linked to before the war. It ain't so strange. All part of the plan.

Oh yeah.. the manifest destiny thingi. Under the guise of exporting our values and all that. I didn't see how Syria fit in there at this stage. I guess it may fit the left side of the map.. but, it seems odd that anything would happen to disrupt the goings on in Iraq.. but, then Afghanistan is starting to erupt.. so maybe an object lesson of sorts..

Edit... this place ..right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
but, then Afghanistan is starting to erupt..

The Bushes are gifted with the vision thingi.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
but, then Afghanistan is starting to erupt..

The Bushes are gifted with the vision thingi.

Well.. I'm no longer sure that purpose of the Afghani issue... well Al Qaeda.. sure.. but, the Taliban folks seem well entrenched there...
I don't really have a feel for who we wish in power there... I hear the statements but, don't see the effort.. am I missing something?
Well... I know there seems to be a moveable wheel on the 'ship of state' with Rice and Powell.. and they seem to have worn the screw down to the point that there is a screw loose that can't be tightened..