Get a Crysis 3 Alpha key from Nvidia's facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I got an email from GamingDeluxe (gave me a key) saying the minimum specs are a DX 11 capable GPU. Better be false, I only have a 9800m GTS. Yerli Cevat said Crysis 3 should run on every system that ran Crysis 2. Its also using the same engine, although it been upgraded in the past few years.

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
I got an email from GamingDeluxe (gave me a key) saying the minimum specs are a DX 11 capable GPU. Better be false, I only have a 9800m GTS. Yerli Cevat said Crysis 3 should run on every system that ran Crysis 2. Its also using the same engine, although it been upgraded in the past few years.

You should be fine man! No need to play it Maxed out!.... Not long ago, about 2 months ago I was playing on my Asus G73 and could only do games at 720p on Mid settings. I'm sure you'll be able to run it decent enough frame rate to get a satisfying taste of the gameplay. I know what I'm doing as soon as I wake up tomorrow :whiste:

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Why is everyone changing their computer specs from what they were yesterday? What's the point on that?

hyrule4927

Feb 9, 2012
It's almost time! Interested to see how this runs on my 7950 and really hoping that it isn't a massive disappointment like Crysis 2 was (although I'll try to reserve judgement until the full game comes out) . . .

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
Crysis 3 Beta System Requirements ;)

crysis3betasystemrequir.jpg

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Just got done playing. Really no different than Crysis 2 MP, other than missing features I liked, such as custom class and the maximum vision or whatever it was. That was ownage in the Crysis 2 beta, although it was not nearly as potent in the full game.

At least I didn't see anyone with maximum hax, yet. Crysis 2 was just outrageous.

iawimko

Nov 2, 2012
Well... I have downloaded the game , but got little problem... Can someone help ?

crysis3pro.jpg

Last edited:

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Played it, graphics aren't as great as I expected. Game play is exactly like every other Crysis nothing special, wont be buying it.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Are you illiterate? The error couldn't be more clear. And the thread has already mentioned that a DX11 card is required

You're so smart! You sure showed that newly registered, potentially technologically illiterate person who's boss! You can ahead and pat yourself on the back now bro, you've earned it. But wait, there's more! Pat, tell him what he's won!

Why, it's a new set of Internet tubes!

:rolleyes:

iawimko

Nov 2, 2012
Are you illiterate? The error couldn't be more clear. And the thread has already mentioned that a DX11 card is required

I am from Slovakia and i don´t speak 100 % english so SORRY !!!! i don´t understand every one of the words ...

EpicSurvivor

Golden Member
Aug 14, 2012
Chimaxi83You're so smart! You sure showed that newly registered, potentially technologically illiterate person who's boss! You can ahead and pat yourself on the back now bro, you've earned it. But wait, there's more! Pat, tell him what he's won!

I agree! It seems that when the threads become about Video Games some people decide to leave etiquette behind and go all out ape......Very rude response from AMDZen and quiet unnecessary indeed, surprisingly his a "Lifer" . I will contain the rest of my message lest I go ape on him.....ugh.

Regarding the game
I like it! I don't know about spending $60 on it but my sources tell me I can get it for as low as $40. Now what I need to consider is if I want Crysis 3 or Dead Space 3

Last edited:

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Chimaxi83You're so smart! You sure showed that newly registered, potentially technologically illiterate person who's boss! You can ahead and pat yourself on the back now bro, you've earned it. But wait, there's more! Pat, tell him what he's won!

I agree! It seems that when the threads become about Video Games some people decide to leave etiquette behind and go all out ape......Very rude response from AMDZen and quiet unnecessary indeed, surprisingly his a "Lifer" . I will contain the rest of my message lest I go ape on him.....ugh.

Regarding the game
I like it! I don't know about spending $60 on it but my sources tell me I can get it for as low as $40. Now what I need to consider is if I want Crysis 3 or Dead Space 3

Right because your two responses helped him out a lot more. Nice job. Also, learn how to quote. :p

I am from Slovakia and i don´t speak 100 % english so SORRY !!!! i don´t understand every one of the words ...

The answer is yes, you will need a card that supports DX11 as your 9600 GT does not.

EDIT: I should add though, once the game is official or at least has time on the "scene" there may be a patch / hack of some sort that allows DX10 cards to play the game fine. If you want to wait and search around Crysis forums to see if that is possible rather than buying a new card.

Last edited:

Spjut

Apr 9, 2011
The DX11 API is backwards compatible with DX10/10.1 hardware, so I'd guessed it would support those as well.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
These are the alpha requirements, I'm confident that the shipped product will support DX 10 based on interviews with Crytek personnel. I have a DX 11 system here, but all of the family members who are sick are using it........

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004

Regarding the game

Eh... Lifer status is just anybody with over 10000 posts. They aren't special titles or anything, it's automatic.

AtenRa

Lifer
Feb 2, 2009
crysis3mpalpha1.jpg

crysis3mpalpha2.jpg

Core i7 920@4GHz and HD6950 1GB

I get 60-70 fps with drops bellow 50fps at Medium Settings 1080p. Ultra was a slide show of 10-15 fps