George Carlin: You Have No Rights

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS

:laugh:

This clip is George Carlin speaking on Religion and Rights of people. Although funny, there is underlying truth to it. Our Rights are at the whim of the Government that grants it. Not how its supposed to be, but as he points out, the American Japanese in 1942 were placed in camps without due process. Anyways, this is good for a laugh and reflection. Enjoy :)

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I watched that last night. He's pretty much right. Based on recent discussions in this forum, it seems that most people don't care for the life of privilege and are more than happy to yield their "rights" at the whim of those who are supposed to uphold said rights.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: CycloWizard
I watched that last night. He's pretty much right. Based on recent discussions in this forum, it seems that most people don't care for the life of privilege and are more than happy to yield their "rights" at the whim of those who are supposed to uphold said rights.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: CycloWizard

Even better, when one does exercise such rights, they're called uncooperative or a dickhead.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon

Not how its supposed to be, but as he points out, the American Japanese in 1942 were placed in camps without due process. Anyways, this is good for a laugh and reflection. Enjoy :)

The saddest part is, those currently in power didn't learn the lesson. Can you say Guantanamo or Patriot Act or unwarranted surveillance or habeas corpus?

All the forces of war were compelling,
And blacker than Colin, the Knight,
And the lies they were telling, they sell in the name of their savior.

And they silence the voices arising,
From those who would show us the light,
With their guys with their spies in the skies watching you and your neighbor.

And Who's Watching Over Who's Watching Over You?
Tell me who's telling who's telling you what to do what to do?

I wrote the song. I didn't invent the subject. :(

Oct 16, 1999
For some reason a lot of political humor bypasses the time in the "tragedy + time = comedy" equation. These things are still quite tragic and really not all that funny after the routine is over and you take time to actually think about them. Too bad so many people just laugh at the jokes and end it there.

Brigandier

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2008
What's a bigger tragedy, poking fun or letting worse happen because no one confronts it?