Geometry Distortion

CyNics

Dec 28, 2001
bought 3 viewsonic AG tube mon just a week ago. display color is good and quality is very good as well.
however, all these AG tube mons seem to have a problem with the display geometry.
the center part of the display is not entirely straight. If I were to make it straight, the side of the display would become curvy. If I adjusted the side of the display to be straight like a box, it would mess up the display geometry of the center part (curve). brought it back to the shop and they exchanged them for me. still the same. not very serious issue though. just slightly curve but Im a very picky person (sorry about this :) )
I never tried any AG tube mon before..so would like to know, is this normal?
I had samsung and philips shadow mask mons previously. they never gave me this problem. display geometry was perfect.

if you happen to know any good tips (adjusting the geometry), please guide me :) will be grealty appreciated

Bucksnort

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
This is a common problem with the viewsonic. 95+ especially. I have seen several places state the viewsonic does not even manufacture their monitors. They are made in the Asian rim and by several companies so you can infact get 2 monitors and they may be made by different manufacturer. There is no fix I know of except to get rid of them if you can.