Gentlemen's club n00b question about talking to the talent.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gotsmack

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2001
Originally posted by: doze
Sounds like the girl was just working the crowd, talking to you with hopes that you would buy a lap dance or some time in the private room. I'm the same way as you OP, I'll toss a dollar or two for each girl and maybe get one lap dance but I don't really want to talk to the strippers.

I don;t think she wast trying to get me to buy a lapdance since she was kinda dressed, but maybe the private room.

I have no idea what happens in there because I've never been, but I don;t want to pay the $200 or whatever to find out.

anyway she just sat there waiting for me to say something to her. I though that was pretty funny.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Greenman
I didn't know they still had titty bars.

And I also wouldn't have dreamed that anyone would visit one a second time.

Really. Georgia just shut most of them down, California is working on it.

The OP didn't say what state he is in so we could go over there and shut it down immediately. Can't be looking at titties in the U.S.

I find it beyond hilarious that you posted your comment in this thread about how much those P&N guys are trying to "brainwash" everyone by trolling useless political garbage in OT threads, yet here you are, once again.

I will acknowledge the fact that you seemed to have shown some restraint by not explicitely typing out "neocons," "red states," or "Bushies" in this one thread (so far.) :laugh:

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You said it was too loud to talk, so obviously she wasn't there to just talk like a normal person. She wanted your money.

But on the other hand, I really don't know about tit-tay bar etiquette. I just don't care to go to them. *shrug*

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

The OP didn't say what state he is in so we could go over there and shut it down immediately. Can't be looking at titties in the U.S.

I live in Atlanta and have 4 clubs within a few miles of my place. Where exactly are you talking about?

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Descartes

I live in Atlanta and have 4 clubs within a few miles of my place. Where exactly are you talking about?

Yeah, Atlanta's still got quite a few of them around that don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe some of the metro area is cracking down a bit, but not the city itself. Not that I've seen, anyways.

And yeah, sometimes the girls will come over to just sit and talk for a bit if they're not doing anything at the moment. There's of course some self-interest (i.e. so you're more familiar with them, and are therefore more likely to tip once they're dancing), but just like anyone else, they also get bored.

Usually this happens if you (or someone you're sitting with) has already either tipped them, or is looking to be a big tipper, but sometimes they'll just go for random people as well.