Geforce3 Ti200 voltage mods?

rogue1979

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2001
I used google to look around, but all I could find was a very vague guide that wasn't real clear on the type of resistors to use. I have a Gainward Geforce3 Ti 450 Power Pack running 230/530. Anybody have any experience or links to help out? Hoping to get 250/550 out of it. I am real good at finding a precise guide and soldering whatever is needed, but if it takes some technical figuring out I am definately to dumb! Also would a crystal orb be enough gpu cooling for what I have planned? Not looking for the ultimate overclock, just a reasonably safe boost in performance.

Thanks in advance.

AnAndAustin

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2002
:eek: I wouldn't expect better cooling and a voltage mod to yield significantly better o/c'ing results than you're likely to be getting now. One of the biggest limits is the type of RAM used and any slight fault in any 1 of the chips, weakest being the limiting factor. A simple voltage mod is to raise the AGP Driving Value BUT be aware that as with any voltage increase it will produce more heat, age the card and isn't advisable. The entry is in HEX, IIRC nVidia actually rec a slightly higher value than the default, perhaps DD over DA BUT don't quote me on that. I'd advise you to leave it along with any physicla voltage mod well alone, not really worth it IMHO. Not only that but GF3TI200 even at stock returns decent results even in UT2003 and even with an Athlon1.4ghz you should find 800x600x32 with 2xAA gets you about 60FPS.