Geforce3 ti200 question

NascarFan43

Jan 23, 2001
I currently have an Abit zm6 motherboard with a geforce2 mx video card. Iwould like to install a Geforce3 ti200 but wonder if it will work. The agp slot is on 1x-2x and version 1.0 and the geforce3 requires version 2.0 agp. I realize that I can't get the full potential of 4x but if it would operate it would still be faster than the geforce2 mx I currently have. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Poke888

Jan 27, 2002
It is quite possible that you will not even be able to boot your computer at all with an agp 2.0 compliant video card in a 1.0 compliant motherboard because of the volatages required for agp 2.0 video cards. I tried myself to get one to work in a bx motherboard and I could get it to work but everytime I rebooted into windows xp the driver had to be reinstalled (luckily you don't always have to reboot in xp when installing drivers unless you change versions of the drivers) but I could use it. So that got annoying after a while so I went on a quest to find a bx motherboard that supported agp 2.0 but I tried 2 or 3 different motherboards including asus and gigabyte but they wouldn't even start up at all. so finally I bit the bullet and purchased a socket 370 motherboard and a processor and bingo...gaming bliss ever since. Hope this helps and to summerize...You may or maynot be able to boot your computer at all with a 1.0 compliant motherboard so I would try it if I was you, but having said that you may have to uprgrade your motherboard if it doesn't.