GeForce 8800GT Best Prices / In-Stock Listing

Page 28 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
WARNING!

The BFG 8800 GT OC 512 card has problems with cooling due to a bios problem AND the fan itself can be defective!

BFGR88512GTOCE BIOS - Update Version: 62.92.00.18 Posting Date: 12/18/2007 File Size:272KB Description: Update the the thermal senor fan control to reduce the operating temperature of the GPU. This is recommended only for users with thermal- related concerns and an older BIOS version.

BFG Tech 8800 GT OC link: Go to SUPPORT for Bios Update!

On mine which I attempted to install today, the fan motor itself appears to be defective, and it feels like when turning by hand that something metallic in the fan motor is scraping something. It makes a horrible metal scraping sound when installed, too. It's amazing it did not burn up upon installing it. I just hope BB has another one in stock!

(Yes, I know I posted this in multiple threads, but it needed to be posted, me thinks.)

osage

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
eVGA 8800GT 512 Mb in stock and at MSRP...OMG

shipping isn't too bad...$6.71 for a total of $256.70 delivered

ZipZoomfly

:beer:

buddhatb

Feb 18, 2007
Stopped off at Fry's in City of Industry today and they have a ton of XFX Alpha Dog 512MB 8800GT's, but they are going for 299.99. They also had a few of the vanilla evga 8800GT's as well, but they are going for 269.99. Hopefully this is a good sign that stores are keeping the cards in stock, but the prices could def be better.

123mjj

Dec 29, 2007
tale of misery, ordered msi from dell delayed till after the 2,18,08 cancelled, Ordered from buy.com sent wrong order twice (bait and switch) cancelled, ordered from Antares Digital and package was in train derailment and then finally lost in UPS tracking system. Lesson learned, etailing can really suck at times Good luck to the rest of you

buddhatb

Feb 18, 2007
Originally posted by: 123mjj
tale of misery, ordered msi from dell delayed till after the 2,18,08 cancelled, Ordered from buy.com sent wrong order twice (bait and switch) cancelled, ordered from Antares Digital and package was in train derailment and then finally lost in UPS tracking system. Lesson learned, etailing can really suck at times Good luck to the rest of you

DAMN! I hope you have some better luck in the future!

HellYeah

Jan 1, 2008
Originally posted by: Stas
That Palit card is one of the best 8800GT out. They proved to be reliable. The company used to stamp out reference cards with no changes, however, after their version of 1950GT/Pro with massive cooling system (that yielded best overclock around), they recomended themselves as an enthusiast oriented company with reasonable prices unlike others... (ASUS anyone? :))

I have heard the same, apparently they have a much larger presence internationally. They own Hypervision and Gainward too.

night

Oct 19, 2001
ok called mwave this morning and confirmed they do have the evga's in. 258 shipped. not bad considering.
i already ordered mine, so now i'll let you all know :)

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Dell screwed me again on the MSI card. Ship date delayed from today to 2-4. I can't believe I hung on this long, ordered 11-24. I canceled. Congrats to those getting the XFX card from them. Newegg and Clubit have the Gigabyte 8800GT with the Zalman cooler in stock. I just ordered one from Newegg for $269.99, not the best price but tired of waiting, and it has a better cooler. Link

webwalker

Feb 21, 2004
Pinheads at Dell canceled my MSI card even though I returned the email confirming acceptance of the fourth(!) ship date delay. They also left an message on my work phone, but being off for the holidays I didn't get the message until after the card had been canceled. Thanks Dell. You screwed the pooch on this one.