GeForce 8200, resolution and a 46" 1080i panel

jdkick

Feb 8, 2006
Helping a friend put together a new HTPC/PVR using an XFX board with integrated GeForce 8200 graphics that are supposedly PureVideo HD enabled.

Anyway, with the resolution set to or as close to the native resolution of the panel (1366x768) the image quality is great but the desktop is slightly larger then the actual display (top, bottom and sides of the desktop are off the screen). We have no idea what's going on. I have a 40" 1080i and had no problem setting it up at the same resolution.

Thoughts? One difference is that i'm running XP and older nVidia drivers whereas he's running Vista and the latest nVidia drivers.

We've poked around the nVidia Control Panel and have found nothing useful aside from the "resize" feature, which basically allows us to manually "fit" the desktop to the display at the expense of image quality. Not exactly the idea scenario. I'm thinking of downgrading the drivers on the off chance there's something buggy in the latest ones (maybe take a look at the beta version as well).

Thanks.

jdkick

Feb 8, 2006
Not that I can tell. It's a fairly new 46" Samsung LCD and the display setup options were pretty minimal. I checked to see if it was in any of the zoom modes, but they were both greyed out. Only 4:3 and 16:9 were available - 16:9 was selected.

I'm stumped by it, especially since the same resolution works fine with my 40" Samsung.

edplayer

Platinum Member
Sep 13, 2002
do you have overscan settings in the videodriver? I know that ATi does

Sorry, didn't read all your first post. Maybe ask over at avsforum?