GeForce 3xx cards already out.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
thats kind of a crappy analogy. i expected better from you

If it were intended to be an analogy then yes it would have been a crappy one.

However it was not intended to be an analogy, it was an example to illustrate the meaning of the higher-order explanation.

If someone says "1+1=2" and someone else says "yeah, pretty cool huh, that's called addition in the field of mathematics, another example of addition is 3+4=7".

jvroig

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 2009
If someone says "1+1=2" and someone else says "yeah, pretty cool huh, that's called addition in the field of mathematics, another example of addition is 3+4=7".

That's not really a sentence, is it? I expected better from you. :D

Can we get back to some sweet nVidia bashing now? This looks like the only thread where even Wreckage himself chimes in to poke fun at nVidia. People. let's not lose a moment of this once-in-a-century thread! :D

(Seriously though, performance-wise, I have no argument with nVidia. The absolute low-end of a new series will always be poor compared to the high or mid-range of the previous series. No one was expecting the 310 to surpass the 295 or the lower parts. It's just so bad that the 3xx series "launched" with such a poor card at first, and it does suspiciously look like a card marketed to take advantage of the uninformed buyer. We can give nVidia the benefit of the doubt, though)

Last edited:

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
I find this topic a humorous one and not "sweet nVidia bashing".

And let me add a further remark: It's the GTX295+15-GTX. Now, if 15 > GTX then the naming scheme is fine. Since science > humanist arts then we have a clear dependency: numbers > letters, Hence all's good.