GeForce 2 GTS and some heavy polygon flashing...

HigherGround

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2000
I need help...ever since 5.14s detonator some of the games (including Star Trek Voyager: EF, GP3 and 3dmark2000 demos) experience heavy polygon flashing. This is most noticable in OpenGL games (although it happens also in d3d). I tried pretty much every set of drivers (after 5.13s) out there and none have solved the problem. As soon as I go back to 5.13 everything goes back to normal and flashing is gone. I tried comparing registry settings for 5.13 and 6.18, but there werer to many differences for me to positivly identify the suspect setting (if one existst of course) So to all of you driver and tweak gurus out there, is there anything I can do to fix this in the latest set drivers? or am I facing a painfull possibility of reinstalling the whole OS from scratch (which reminds me that I have ghost images from a few month s back so maybe it's not that bad, but I rather solve the problem in hand before going to such drastic measures)...system info if anyone cares...

PIII 800Mhz
MSI BX Master with latest BIOS (AGP 2x and aperature set to 64Megs)
192Megs PC133 SDRAM
Creative Labs Anihilator 2 GTS (not overclocked, actually i underclocked it for some of my test suspecting memory issues, but that theory has been proven wrong)
SB Live!
IWin Q500 with 300W power suply, case is very well ventilated and I even put card cooler underneath the GeForce to eliminate heat from the equation.
IDE DVDROM, CDRW, and HDD, etc, etc.

RoboTECH

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2000
holy $hit dude. I had the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS, but only while overclocking the AGP @ 133 and above with the BX Master. Try setting your AGP to 1x using Powerstrip

HigherGround

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2000
hmm...i'll give it a try, to be honest i haven't even thought of FSB overclocking as possible problem, thanks

fodd3r

Sep 15, 2000
my friend had problems with polygon flashing, as he'd be running around in q3 parts of the image would just show up white. i turned on vsync and all was well.

RoboTECH

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2000
hey Ground, glad I could be of assistance.
:) :) :)
You lose a few fps (not many) by enabling 1x, but no biggie.

apparently the 5.22 and greater (never tried 5.14) do something "different" with the AGP, and you get some oddness when your AGP is up too high. Go figure.