GeForce 1 Fan Replacement

jitspoe

Mar 20, 2002
I need to get a new fan for my GeForce 256 -- It's the Leadtech winfast one, if that makes any difference. From what I've googled, the popular fans like Blue or Crystal Orb don't fit on the GF1 board. Where can I get a fan that will fit? I just need something cheap and preferably quiet. The original fan is dying on it.

vss1980

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2000
That's strange, because I clearly remember having no problems attaching a blue orb to my Leadtek Winfast Geforce DDR (rev. B) board. The only difference is that your powering the fan off of a motherboard header (or using appropriate converter) rather than the graphics card.

But the blue orb isn't a necessity.... it will offer better cooling performance which may aid overclocking, but it is not the only possible replacement. I believe companies like coolermaster do a small low-profile chipset/vga hs/fan unit that will not take up an extra PCI slot of space, just a question of finding one.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have a Crystal Orb on each of my GF256's. No problem with the fit whatsoever.

jitspoe

Mar 20, 2002
Hmm. Maybe it's just some boards that it doesn't fit on. I guess I'll go ahead and order one.