Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Considering you've had back to back flu, pneumonia & COVID, I'd say the scan results were pretty darn good. Keep on keeping on.

Reactions: Captante

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
So Ct scans are in, the good news ? My subaxillary lymph nodes are normal, other neck nodes have shrunk to the point they are not clinically a concern. My chest CT as expected showed a slight increase in 2 nodes in the mediasternum. Other bumps remained the same & were ruled as probably benign. The mediasternum nodes were judged to be reactive due to back to back flu, pneumonia & COVID. The one worry was fat found in my heart that can indicate a past myocardial infarction…there is always something! Basically though no indication of cancer progression.

I am still really tired, have a productive cough ( that is slowly improving) I am so grateful I was vaccinated & received Paxlovid. This has been bad but it could have been so much worse!

The important thing is ARE THE TASTEBUDS BACK? :p

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I had tx on Friday under COVID precautions till June 17. They ordered a VNA home nurse, he came this morning, said my BP gets low while standing,( explains my dizziness) noted my cough & said it & my utter exhaustion is normal post COVID. The goal is to help me regain strength, I will be seeing an RN, PT,OT & getting a home health aide to cover me while I shower & wash my hair. Also, my 2 bottles of water a day isn’t enough & I will end up dehydrated in the hospital so more fluids incoming. Since all of this started I have lost 17 pounds, not a bad thing but eating has been problematic for me.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Saw my Oncologist & his Fellow today. They have been saying for quite awhile that they think I need a break from Opdivo. Today they said they think the drug may actually be hurting me. My lungs are wheezy, I am utterly exhausted, my joints are at an 8 on the pain scale etc.

They aren’t sure if the lung issues are caused by COVID aftermath or a new infection so they started me on a steroid inhaler, a Z pack & I am on a treatment holiday. He stressed my scans 6 weeks ago were good but that my lungs & body have basically been under assault for months. He looked at my oxygen sats log & said I probably should have been admitted at several points.

I have to monitor my sats, continue with PT & home careteam, get my 2nd booster shot ASAP..
They will scan again in the Fall & are hoping I can rebuild my strength..both Doctors said I don’t look nearly as good as I did a year ago.

Afterwards, I ordered lunch, sat outside at a table under the trees, took off my mask & ate. It felt good to see people, to hear laughter. I walked a lot today, noticed my balance wasn’t as good as it usually is…lying down resting now.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Does the Devil's Lettuce help? The active ingredient I mean anyway. Appetite stimulation is one of things it does pretty well.

Your sense of taste still being twitchy is a bummer, I'm sorry. Coffee still come through ok? Does it affect your entire sense of taste, or just like sweet or salty things?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Unfortunately weed-extracts are expensive and insurance won't cover them even for cancer patients.... makes me sad because AT MINIMUM they would almost certainly help tremendously with appetite/eating.

I sincerely wish I was in a position financially to cover them. :(

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Unfortunately weed-extracts are expensive and insurance won't cover them even for cancer patients.... makes me sad because AT MINIMUM they would almost certainly help tremendously with appetite/eating.

I sincerely wish I was in a position financially to cover them. :(

no worries, my Oncologist says any sort of weed extracts are a no,no because of the immunotherapy I take. Also, when my thyroid died due to treatment I gained weight, losing some weight now is a good thing.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
no worries, my Oncologist says any sort of weed extracts are a no,no because of the immunotherapy I take. Also, when my thyroid died due to treatment I gained weight, losing some weight now is a good thing.

Yeah it occured to me they might conflict with something your taking after I posted that.... weed actually does interact with lot of different medications however due to an extreme lack of research funding we don't even know about most of them!

:oops:

For example I wasn't aware until recently that if you smoke weed regularly it can have an effect on general anesthesia, potentially making it wear off too soon unless dosages are increased significantly.

:eek: