Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
covid is surging her, I am still not at 100% in terms of how I feel physically and you have all cheered me up so much!

Thank you all so much ❤

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I donated a second time, but that might be it for me for now. I was in the hospital recently, and although I have Medicare, I may be on the hook for the Ambulance ride (even though it was doctor-ordered).

Edit: NOT Covid, I'm vaxxed twice.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I donated a second time, but that might be it for me for now. I was in the hospital recently, and although I have Medicare, I may be on the hook for the Ambulance ride (even though it was doctor-ordered).

It could still be Covid. Have you been tested?

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

huge hugs to you! I certainly didn’t expect you to do that, please don’t put yourself into a fiscal situation because of me.

I hope you are feeling better now? Also hope, the darned ambulance ride gets covered by Medicare for you! ❤️

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Got a copy of my leave extension request, the team lists my metastatic cancer & other ailments. They also state I would be at very high risk if I catch covid. My medical instructons state “ isolation, go out only for needed medical appointments “ The covid positive rate here is insane & is probably higher due to the number of people who want tests & can’t get them 😢

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I simply wish this country took better care of its people - health insurance, sick leave, etc.

Wish you all the best Geekbabe.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Glad to see people still donating. There may or may not have been another contribution from me sometime within the past couple of days. Happy New Year!

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Still in considerable joint & eye pain, my last chemo was postponed till Feb 10th. I have a virtual Pallative care visit on the 8th. Thinking it might be time for a bit of opioid pain relief, particularly at night.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Still out of work & in considerable joint & eye pain, my last chemo was postponed till Feb 10th. I have a virtual Pallative care visit on the 8th. Thinking it might be time for a bit of opioid pain relief, particularly at night.
I understand why you might not want to spend every day doped up but if we're talking actual pain (which I'm ssure we are) I'm such a weenie. Just ask my dentist.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I understand why you might not want to spend every day doped up but if we're talking actual pain (which I'm ssure we are) I'm such a weenie. Just ask my dentist.

I have almost fallen a few times from a knee, hip or ankle joint giving out. My knees hurt so badly I could just scream. Btw, we don’t even want to talk about the dentist. I need an oral surgeon to pull a couple of teeth. I almost wet my pants thinking about it 😢

Reactions: Charmonium

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I have almost fallen a few times from a knee, hip or ankle joint giving out. My knees hurt so badly I could just scream. Btw, we don’t even want to talk about the dentist. I need an oral surgeon to pull a couple of teeth. I almost wet my pants thinking about it 😢
OK. I do understand that drugs r bad, m'kay. But let me put it this way. I've gotten colonoscopy without any drugs - which would have been a nice soothing shot of propofol and some fresh-from-China (or Mexico, or wherever) fentanyl. Both of those scare the piss out of me and I swear that IF I ever again pay someone to shove a 6 foot snake up my ass again, I'm gonna be unconscious. Still . . . nothing even close to dental pain. That's off in a very special universe of its own. Hey, you said you wanted to know where Freddy and Jason are from?

The point is, if the powers that be are cool with using fentanyl for what is basically a diagnostic procedure, then why not use it for, what is by comparison, outpatient surgery,. Going to have your gallbladder out? No problem Just be careful as you stagger home. On the bright side though, rest assured that we will give you ALL of the good drugs. But if all you're doing is drilling to my jaw bone, stuffing powdered cadaver bone in the hole and then stitching it up. Sorry - no drugs for you. It's called "laughing gas" for a reason. It does precious little to help - that was the punch line. Don't worry, not quitting my job - if I had one.

Off, off topic. Before you go for "routine" surgery to have your gallbladder removed, you are obliged, by statute (where? IDK) to read at least 100 horror stories about life without one. You want ursodiol - ask for it by name.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
OK. I do understand that drugs r bad, m'kay. But let me put it this way. I've gotten colonoscopy without any drugs - which would have been a nice soothing shot of propofol and some fresh-from-China (or Mexico, or wherever) fentanyl. Both of those scare the piss out of me and I swear that IF I ever again pay someone to shove a 6 foot snake up my ass again, I'm gonna be unconscious. Still . . . nothing even close to dental pain. That's off in a very special universe of its own. Hey, you said you wanted to know where Freddy and Jason are from?

The point is, if the powers that be are cool with using fentanyl for what is basically a diagnostic procedure, then why not use it for, what is by comparison, outpatient surgery,. Going to have your gallbladder out? No problem Just be careful as you stagger home. On the bright side though, rest assured that we will give you ALL of the good drugs. But if all you're doing is drilling to my jaw bone, stuffing powdered cadaver bone in the hole and then stitching it up. Sorry - no drugs for you. It's called "laughing gas" for a reason. It does precious little to help - that was the punch line. Don't worry, not quitting my job - if I had one.

Off, off topic. Before you go for "routine" surgery to have your gallbladder removed, you are obliged, by statute (where? IDK) to read at least 100 horror stories about life without one. You want ursodiol - ask for it by name.

You wanted painkillers for a colonoscopy? :confused:

If the procedure was actually painful you really need a new GI doctor.... by far the worst part was the laxative and even that was nothing.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
You wanted painkillers for a colonoscopy? :confused:

If the procedure was actually painful you really need a new GI doctor.... by far the worst part was the laxative and even that was nothing.

I had propofol for my colonoscopy….. and apparently had my 1st stroke 12 days later. A brief period of garbled speech & slight numbness in my right hand that was gone the next day. They found the “ fairly significant infarct“ on my MRI after my cancer DX

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I had propofol for my colonoscopy….. and apparently had my 1st stroke 12 days later. A brief period of garbled speech & slight numbness in my right hand that was gone the next day. They found the “ fairly significant infarct“ on my MRI after my cancer DX

I was only mildly sedated for the procedure at my request. (often referred to as "twilight-sedation") Stuff like that doesn't scare me plus I was really tired so I fell right out & slept through the entire thing. I've also had sinus-surgery done with only a local which was kinda rough!

Wasn't even the slightest bit sore afterwards. :) (my GI guy is very good)

BY FAR the most likely thing to kill you in any surgical procedure is general anesthesia and it should be avoided if at all possible.

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Watching my son break out his cutting board, teaching him how to wash veggies & what spices work best with certain foods has been a joy! He’s made real meatloaf, stir fry & tonight is cooking Tilapia. Time spent with him, being able to teach him a skill that will help him long after I am gone has been a joy. I also must say he appears to enjoy cooking much like many of you do, when he hears me request a second serving of something he has cooked,he beams with pride.

Thanks to all of you who have been so giving, I am eating again & get to spend precious time with my son whom I love dearly. ❤❤❤

Last edited: