Geekbabe Needs Our Help

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
look I cried when I saw your giving heart. Heck I cried when I saw everyone’s giving hearts. Every donation large or small will help keep me going & I love you all!

also is Yerba Mate like coffee? . I know “ Google it” 😂

It's a shrub. Not like coffee at all, more like herbal tea. Usually served in a dry gourd with sugar and sipped with a straw.

<--- lived in Buenos Aires for 7.5 years. Had plenty of mate.

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I don't know if that yahoo address is mine. I used PayPal on the GoFundMe page and PayPal is linked to my old yahoo email address. I didn't send any message so I don't know if that's system generated or not.

gofundme opened the message and it was lovely but still advised me not to click links in it or respond unless I knew the sender.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I can’t thank you all enough for the love and support, I am blown away by you all.

For years I have been blown away by you. You have faced your diagnosis with fortitude that I can only admire and hope to emulate. Now I have a brother with stage 4 renal cancer. He is taking a drug much like Opdivo, and is so far doing well. I think about you and how well you've done and I pray for the same thing for him. Thanks to you for being such an exemplary example for all of us.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
As a person who suffered with an incurable disease for nearly 20 years until I had two major surgeries to remove the organs under attack, I know what its like. Its a journey, thats for sure.

Donated, God bless. :)

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Jean,
Are you at a medical school or is one near? Or ask your Dr's....We have a dental school, MCG, that takes outside patients for the students to learn on. Get a referal, add your cancer diagnosis, win?

2.5 years to fix my kid's jaw was $3500 vs $1bazillion from private practice.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Long story short but between moving and covid I don’t have the state ID needed to apply fir the state leave.

This is why I'm pissed that we don't have nationalized health care. And the people most hurt by the lack of national health care are those who need it most.

I don't browse these forums as much as I used to. But I saw this, which means I'm fated to throw something in the pot. Not much but a little something. Wish I could do more, but finances aren't the greatest at the moment.

Best of luck, and keep fighting!

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
look I cried when I saw your giving heart. Heck I cried when I saw everyone’s giving hearts. Every donation large or small will help keep me going & I love you all!

also is Yerba Mate like coffee? . I know “ Google it” 😂

That's why we're kinda partial to ya, ya big sweetie. We're all just making sure that some of that web karma comes back to you like it should.

"the power of coffee, the health benefits of tea, the joy of chocolate" Vitamins, theobromine, zinc, all kinds of stuff.

Tis indeed a shrubbery, and not for everyone, but if you are capable of enjoying green tea then it shouldn't be an issue. A moderate amount of caffeine, but delivered in a way that doesn't give you the jitters.

For you

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Good morning to you, Jean. I hope things are looking a bit brighter today.

• Love
Reactions: Geekbabe

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Do any of you have connections with Gofundmd? I had to upload a bank statement & am now getting the message that due to the amount raised the account is under review for a couple business days.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Just got a banner saying all is good, hopefully I shall receive money by Nov 15th 😂crying tears of happiness here.

my shower chair just arrived, you have no idea how good it will feel to shower without being afraid I will fall & not smelling like a goat is always a good thing 😂

I love you people, all of you

Last edited:

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
For years I have been blown away by you. You have faced your diagnosis with fortitude that I can only admire and hope to emulate. Now I have a brother with stage 4 renal cancer. He is taking a drug much like Opdivo, and is so far doing well. I think about you and how well you've done and I pray for the same thing for him. Thanks to you for being such an exemplary example for all of us.

my thoughts and hopes to your brother,you & your family, cancer sucks!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Hi Dave,

As you know I have been on immunotherapy for over six years. My last scan showed a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes…now these could be reactive to an infection ( my teeth are a mess) or a sign of cancer progression. Plus the side effects of Immunotherapy are kicking my rump. Rashes, my thyroid doesn’t work, bad joint pain & I have almost fallen a few times. I haven’t worked in 2 weeks and skipped my last treatment. I see the Pallative care folks Nov 12 to hopefully back down some of these side effects.

I have applied for FMLA via my job problem is I have almost zero sick or vacation time left. Mike is working but Home Depot wages aren’t going to cover rent, utilities & food. I can keep medical insurance as long as I pay my current premiums to my company.

A good friend has started a gofundme for me: https://gofund.me/68a28a52

Thanks,
Jean
Thx for the heads up Perknose!! I just donate!! This is a very worthy cause!! Every little donation adds up to a big donation!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and Geekbabe

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Thread is sinking, new goal not met.
Where are all the ATOT ballers? I know you clowns can com up with another couple grand. Delay that new Tesla for a month or cut your tour of Europe short a day. Maybe go a day without a new hooker or cut your blow usage down for a week.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Thread now stickied by popular demand.

To my mind, though, those who haven't contributed by now are also those who don't necessarily bother to read the stickies, maybe especially on their phones.

Reactions: Captante