Gears Of War PC

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Anyone play it online? I usually don't buy games unless they have good online. I know all about live which I have a Xbox live account.

So is it good?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
if you want to play it online, you're better off buying the xbox version. there are *very* few people playing GoW PC online.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon
if you want to play it online, you're better off buying the xbox version. there are *very* few people playing GoW PC online.

how few? I just picked it up.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: m0mentary
Originally posted by: Fenixgoon

how few? I just picked it up.

you'd be lucky to find 20 hosts.

not that it isn't fun (because it is), but there aren't many people around. at all. :(

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
It has an alright multiplayer portion, but is overshadowed by the other big boys on the PC. I'd pick it up when it's cheaper if I were you. Sub $30 would be perfect.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
I have this sitting on my desk next to 4 other games, cant get through orange box, so much damn goodness in that box, will try out this Multi someday.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: gorcorps
It has an alright multiplayer portion, but is overshadowed by the other big boys on the PC. I'd pick it up when it's cheaper if I were you. Sub $30 would be perfect.

He is right. Although it was a premier title for a console, there just are much better mutiplayer games out there for PC.

It may be just me, but I got bored of it after a couple of hours in. I don't understand what the big fuss was.

Sniper82

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Well I might pass then. I actually had it for 360 but sold it(got a good price for it). I couldn't get use to the controller on multiplayer.

onlyCOpunk

Platinum Member
May 25, 2003
I'm trying to work my way through it, and I can't get used to playing WITH a keyboard and mouse. I haven't tried multiplayer yet either because there's a fee associated with it. I think that is what is holding 99% of PC players from playing online. But it came with a free month of live so maybe I will try it someday.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
Someone posted this at the GoW site. Here's your answer.
No one wants to use Games for Windows Live. It's a retarded throwback to before dedicated servers became the norm for PC gaming.

i agree, windows live blows. dedicated servers are how PC gaming works and it's arguably better since you can simply hop in at any given time. i don't know why MS tried to Xboxify PC gaming.

Wuzup101

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2002
I don't think that GoW would be a great purchase if you are looking for straight up multiplayer (on either PC or 360). GoW was great because it was a first gen game with a decent story line that showed some of the power of the newer systems. I really did like the single player portion of the game, and I can't wait for GoW2; however, I only played the multiplayer for a little while and didn't like it all that much. Both Halo3 and CoD4 offer better multiplayer IMHO... GoW is worth it if you can get it cheep for the single player (since it's been out for a while), not so much for the multiplayer.