Gay Families

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Well I see your point about other kids teasing them, kids can be very cruel. But, kids are faced with teasing all the time, no matter what life decision they make or what their home environment it. Kids are teased because their mothers or fathers left, because they are rich or poor, tall or short, or even when their parents are alcoholics. But, if you raise your kids right, they will learn to let it slide off their backs, and realize it is merely uneducated people talking.

As for you thinking I am blowing this out of proportion, have you ever worked with an abused child? Have you ever seen the fear or desperation on a childs face when they don't want to go home, and there is nothing you can do about it? I have, and you may think I don't respect others opinions. But I do, I just think that maybe they need to put aside their own feelings for once, and try to think of the children.

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000
I have only one point to make. Of all the male children molested in this country and around the world,would any of you care to guess what the sexual preference of the majority of their attackers is? Bingo,they are homosexual. That is a statistic,not something I am just making up. I have first hand experience with this so you will likely call me prejudice. I could care less. I call things as I see them and I very rarely hear of a woman molesting a little boy. Do you hear of this happening often? Not.!?

As someone who was molested as a child I will say I do carry more resentment towards that particular group of people but that still does not change what is.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
veryape: Would you like to show those statistics? Because every group of them I have ever seen have been done by straight men. Including my childrens uncle, who was happily married to a woman for years. Child molesting is not about homosexuality, its about power.

shifrbv

Feb 21, 2000
The only problem I have with this is that gay people are still not fully accepted by society. Their relationships aren't formally sanctioned. And until they are, I would think that this would impose hardship on a child.

There are alot of religious and biased people in America who are unwilling to accept this lifestyle (however, I am not one of them). Even in the year 2001, they are the ones which keep society from recognizing gay marriages, providing benefits to gay partners, and try to keep gays "in the closet" by making issues about them being in the military or even in this forum, about them being parents. There are alot of issues our society still has with accepting gays and they are seen everyday.

While everything might be fine at home, when the child goes out into the real world, it might be a different story. Will they encounter the hatred or bias which so many in our present society have towards the homosexual lifestyle vicariously through their parents? Who knows.

If the child is in a community which is open to the gay relationship/marriage option and around those supportive of it, I feel it would be fine. But if the community is close-minded and prejudiced, maybe the child will be emotionally hurt by the non-supportive surroundings.

It's hard to tell. But I do agree with others that a gay family is better than an abusive or no family.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<< Of all the male children molested in this country and around the world,would any of you care to guess what the sexual preference of the majority of their attackers is? Bingo,they are homosexual. >>

First of all that statistic you mentioned is actually not true. Organizations such as &quot;God Hates Fags&quot;, etc. may lead you to believe so but they are most definately not. However, assuming they are...you assume all homosexuals are pedophiliacs who have the constant desire to molest children? How about this...since the majority of rapists are males, do you assume that all males may have a tendency to rape someone? How about this one...because the majority of violent crimes against minorities are committed by white males, do you assume that every white male is going to lynch the next black person or jew he sees? No, because that would be rediculous. And the same thing applies to your statement.

nefalicious

Banned
Jan 30, 2001
Theres probably too much sucking going on in these families.

Seriously though, its all about having the influence of a man and a woman for psyhological developement.

Bojo

Jun 17, 2000
Actually I think this basically comes down to what religion you have been brainwashed by. If you are a christian you believe that &quot;God&quot; made Adam and Eve and all that crap.

if you look at life from a scientific viewpoint you will see that homosexuality is present in many forms of life and that it is nothing to be afraid of.