gardasil vaccine suspected in early menopause of 16 year old girl.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
well i just dont see how it is healthy to needle into tiny babies a shitload of foreign chemicals.

or it could be that the criteria for autism is so broad that vaccines cause some of those behaviors... havent really thought about that one, but remember that autism is not the problem, it is the brain, largely iq that determines you'll give to/take from society. that's the only way to measure success from a societal view even if the happiness of each individual is the most important measure of success.

but how likely are they to cause cervical cancer? how many cases of cervical cancer are there?

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/cervical/statistics/

In 2009 (the most recent year numbers are available)—

12,357 women in the United States were diagnosed with cervical cancer.*
3,909 women in the United States died from cervical cancer.*

*Incidence counts cover approximately 90% of the U.S. population; death counts cover approximately 100% of the U.S. population. Use caution when comparing incidence and death counts.

And an estimated 95% of these cases/deaths is attributable to HPV.

Do these numbers convince you?

Edit: Furthermore:

http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/

HPV-Associated Cancers Statistics

A study that covered 100% of the U.S. population during 2004–2008 estimated that about 33,300 HPV-associated cancers occur each year. About 21,300 HPV-associated cancers occur each year among females, and about 12,100 occur each year among males. Cervical cancer is the most common HPV-associated cancer among women, and oropharyngeal cancers are the most common among men. The following counts are from this study.

This study used cancer registry data to estimate the amount of potentially HPV-associated cancer in the United States by examining cancer in parts of the body and cancer cell types that are more likely to be caused by HPV. Cancer registries do not collect data on the presence or absence of HPV in cancer tissue at the time of diagnosis.

In general, HPV is thought to be responsible for more than 90% of anal and cervical cancers and more than 50% of vaginal, vulvar, and penile cancers. Cancers of the head and neck are mostly caused by tobacco and alcohol, but recent studies show that about 60%–70% of cancers of the oropharynx may be linked to HPV. Many of these may be caused by a combination of tobacco, alcohol, and HPV.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
i dont know if man landed on the moon. i would guess not, but id have to read more about it.
Don't, all the stuff online about is is placed there by the gov to procreate maturity of its moon-landing lie.

People can't fly, it's the biggest lie ever told. Have you ever been in a plane? Yes. Did it fly? NO. Airports are places full of machines that put people to sleep and they dream of movement. Airplanes that you see in the sky are merely drones, all about 12-15' long and flying at only a couple thousand feet. You won't hear this truth from the mainstream media, who are part of the shill program.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
then why does the CDC deny the autism link?

because there is no link. The original fraudulent study that reported this so-called link and is the foundation of this belief, was rescended by the authors.

why do people continue to point to this horseshit, when the authors themselves admit that it was spurious?

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
foreign chemicals.

Nobody on earth would survive much longer than 5 minutes without any "foreign chemicals."

Every living mammal brings foreign chemicals into their lungs on a regular basis or dies. Every living fish brings foreign chemicals to their gills or they die.

foreign chemicals is a completely meaningless term.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
Don't, all the stuff online about is is placed there by the gov to procreate maturity of its moon-landing lie.

People can't fly, it's the biggest lie ever told. Have you ever been in a plane? Yes. Did it fly? NO. Airports are places full of machines that put people to sleep and they dream of movement. Airplanes that you see in the sky are merely drones, all about 12-15' long and flying at only a couple thousand feet. You won't hear this truth from the mainstream media, who are part of the shill program.

Which makes the plot of Inception a little more complicated, if you think about it.

EDIT: Also, regarding the assertion in the OP. Its a little like saying, we haven't ruled out that Hitler was an alien, therefore Hitler was an alien.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Do these numbers convince you?
no they dont but thank you for providing them.:) they dont convince me because those numbers dont indicate an hpv crisis and the vaccines cant be without problems.

also what are the numbers of people in Japan, Israel, and Europe? Then on the other hand, what are the numbers like in Africa and most muslim countries?

im asking because i heard that it was mostly black girls getting the hpv vaccine while wealthier whites were not. the risk factors should be discovered and analyzed before the people like rick perry mandate that you get a vaccine. blacks also are more likely to trust the govt and take things if they're free or reduced cost which the hpv vaccines are.

im not racist or anything, it's just what i've heard.

Don't, all the stuff online about is is placed there by the gov to procreate maturity of its moon-landing lie. People can't fly, it's the biggest lie ever told. Have you ever been in a plane? Yes. Did it fly? NO. Airports are places full of machines that put people to sleep and they dream of movement. Airplanes that you see in the sky are merely drones, all about 12-15' long and flying at only a couple thousand feet. You won't hear this truth from the mainstream media, who are part of the shill program.
thank you for your humorous reply.:D

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Nobody on earth would survive much longer than 5 minutes without any "foreign chemicals." Every living mammal brings foreign chemicals into their lungs on a regular basis or dies. Every living fish brings foreign chemicals to their gills or they die. foreign chemicals is a completely meaningless term.
you know what i meant.:) you need air to survive but you wont die right away if you're not given the vaccine.
why do people continue to point to this horseshit, when the authors themselves admit that it was spurious?
i never heard that andrew wakefield redacted it himself.
because there is no link. The original fraudulent study that reported this so-called link and is the foundation of this belief, was rescended by the authors.
was it rescinded by all of them?

also, the discovery of rhogam being linked to autism was totally independent of andrew wakefield. i dont know whether rhogam is technically a vaccine but it has thermirosal in it. i just dont see how putting mercury into a tiny baby could be safe.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
i never heard that andrew wakefield redacted it himself.
was it rescinded by all of them?

also, the discovery of rhogam being linked to autism was totally independent of andrew wakefield. i dont know whether rhogam is technically a vaccine but it has thermirosal in it. i just dont see how putting mercury into a tiny baby could be safe.

It looks like Wakefield never did, so I guess he is happy remaining a discredited pariah.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/01/05/autism.vaccines/
http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...me-me-for-the-results-of-what-i-said-and-did/

But all of the co-others rescinded their names and the Lancet retracted the paper, after it was clear that Wakefield's data was completely fraudulent, let alone his conflict of interest in representing a law firm pushing anti-vaccine cases.

The man was a fraud, and has not one credible piece of data to support his claims.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm getting vaccinated for HPV next week during my Gyno visit.

Its been a long time comin. My GP told me to get it after I became SA, but that was 6 years ago.

I'll let yall know if I experience early menopause.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Considering you catch disease while participating in sex, I believe it is safe to say it is equally unhealthy as the other two items.

Sex is only unhealthy if the two parties involved are.

I've never had an STD, have you?

Its very possible to have sex and not get an STD or an STI. Condoms.....condoms can be gotten for free. You can even get lube for free.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
So...in 90% of cases of primary ovarian failure the cause is unknown...but in this one special case the authors feel there is sufficient evidence to finger the HPV vaccine?

Riiight. :rolleyes:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
So...in 90% of cases of primary ovarian failure the cause is unknown...but in this one special case the authors feel there is sufficient evidence to finger the HPV vaccine?

Riiight. :rolleyes:

They probably fingered a political figure first.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010

Its very possible to have sex and not get an STD or an STI. Condoms.....condoms can be gotten for free. You can even get lube for free.

This goes to why the HPV vaccine is so important, condoms don't protect against HPV so even if you're responsible with sex and use protection you can still be exposed to it.

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Condoms-not-effective-against-HPV-or-herpes-3650285.php

Morons like the OP and people like Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy do a lot to hurt people with these nutty anti-vaccine agendas.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
no they dont but thank you for providing them.:) they dont convince me because those numbers dont indicate an hpv crisis and the vaccines cant be without problems.

So you think that saving at least 3,000 lives from cervical cancer each year is outweighed by "[gardasil] vaccines can't be without problems?" This is your logic?

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Considering you catch disease while participating in sex, I believe it is safe to say it is equally unhealthy as the other two items.

You can only catch diseases if the other person has them. You can have sex as much as you want with healthy individuals. Dozens of times a day and you'd likely be MORE in shape than others. It is not only healthy physically, but healthy emotionally as well.

Mcdonalds is ALWAYS unhealthy in your example.

What an awful comparison... and then you double down on the stupidity!

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Well, condoms don't always protect against HPV and you may have gotten it and just never known. So I'm not sure you can say with certainty that you haven't. :p

That said, "condoms condoms condoms" is definitely a good message.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
How would you know in the case of HPV-16, -18, -31, and -45? There is as yet no approved test that can detect these infections in men.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
They probably fingered a political figure first.

Reading the actual article (well, just the abstract) it seems the authors acted reasonably in notifying ovarian failure as a possible event due to the vaccine. What wasn't reasonable, however, was writing what basically amounted to an op-ed piece saying that the vaccine definitely caused the ovarian failure.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004

also what are the numbers of people in Japan, Israel, and Europe? Then on the other hand, what are the numbers like in Africa and most muslim countries?

im asking because i heard that it was mostly black girls getting the hpv vaccine while wealthier whites were not. the risk factors should be discovered and analyzed before the people like rick perry mandate that you get a vaccine. blacks also are more likely to trust the govt and take things if they're free or reduced cost which the hpv vaccines are.

im not racist or anything, it's just what i've heard.

thank you for your humorous reply.:D

Much of Europe are doing widespread vaccinations against it. Why?

http://ec.europa.eu/health/vaccination/hpv/index_en.htm

Here's a study on much of the rest of the world. Take your time with it, its not done on some biased agenda.
jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/202/12/1789.long

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
So you think that saving at least 3,000 lives from cervical cancer each year is outweighed by "[gardasil] vaccines can't be without problems?" This is your logic?
i would want myself, others (for comparison) and what they were putting in me to be more thoroughly studied unless there was an imminent threat worse than death. it would also depend on who supported the treatment (some people are smarter than others) and who would be willing to support me once i got sick.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
This goes to why the HPV vaccine is so important, condoms don't protect against HPV so even if you're responsible with sex and use protection you can still be exposed to it.

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Condoms-not-effective-against-HPV-or-herpes-3650285.php

Morons like the OP and people like Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy do a lot to hurt people with these nutty anti-vaccine agendas.

I wasn't meaning only HPV when I was talking about that. Someone said that sex was an unhealthy act since you can get sick from it. So, I was just saying that its possible to have sex and not get sick.

I don't think I've been exposed to HPV. But, I am getting vaccinated next week anyway. So, hopefully, I'm good.