Gaming laptops?need suggestions

Jables

May 28, 2011
Hey guys. I have decided I want to buy a laptop because I travel around a lot. Since I very much enjoy playing vidya games on my computer i though hey why don't I get a gaming laptop? Anyway i have been browsing sites like lucomputers and other similar sites but i don't really know what i am looking for, or at. This is where you guys come in. I need a decent gaming laptop, i don't care that much about graphics so as long as it can run current and future games decently I'll be happy. Don't really want to spend 1000+ and it would be very nice if i could get it a couple hundred under 1000. Also have no real desire for special extras like 3D or an amazing sound system. Already have a desktop just in case you were wondering. So please post you're suggestions and maybe links if at all possible.
Thanks.

Dec 28, 2001
Well, first of all, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, what kind of game do you play? If you're looking at primarily playing WoW/Farmville it's going to have a different standard than say, Crysis.

There's currently quite a bit of options out there for that price range with mid-level graphics cards. Having said that, if you can wait a few months, there's a new architecture that is rolling out called "Llano" that might be worth a gander; no one's gotten a good look at it yet, but there's quite a bit of hype and we're hoping that it matches the hype.

If you need to get a gaming laptop now, this isn't too shabby. You wouldn't have problems with an Alienware M11x[url] either; I think the older revisions may be available for that pricepoint.

Jables

May 28, 2011
Well, first of all, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, what kind of game do you play? If you're looking at primarily playing WoW/Farmville it's going to have a different standard than say, Crysis.

There's currently quite a bit of options out there for that price range with mid-level graphics cards. Having said that, if you can wait a few months, there's a new architecture that is rolling out called "Llano" that might be worth a gander; no one's gotten a good look at it yet, but there's quite a bit of hype and we're hoping that it matches the hype.

If you need to get a gaming laptop now, this isn't too shabby. You wouldn't have problems with an Alienware M11x[url] either; I think the older revisions may be available for that pricepoint.

Thanks. To answer you're first question i do play WoW, not that much but off and on, not really interested in crysis though. I am a really big fan of the elder scrolls series and I cant wait for Skyrim. Also a huge fan of total war series, going to buy Shogun 2 soon. Not a big fan of fps on pc (just enjoy it more on console) I also enjoy most rts', not really into Starcraft though. I sometimes play mmorpg's also.

You're first link there looks like a great option, thanks for that. I looked at the m11x and im still seriously considering it. Llano looks pretty cool too. Thanks