Gamestop return policy question

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
No returns on open merchandise just exchanges, accessories can be returned. I bought some wireless Turtle Beach headphones which I get crazy interference so they're not usable. I tried to return them only to find out they could only be exchanged. The distinction for some things as to what's merchandise and what's an accessory seems a bit gray. Am I silly to consider a set of headphones to be an accessory? I could see them being either, I asked what falls under accessories and she said they weren't either and GS considers them a headset. The receipt says nothing about headsets. Headphones don't do anything on their own, so to me that makes them an accessory by default.

Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
IIRC, Gamestop doesn't allow returns on opened software. It's another one of those messy copyright things where I guess they're afraid you'll burn-and-return. Not that anybody does that anymore.

Anything that's not software should be okay. Maybe the manager was just being a dick. FWIW, always check the return policy. Many stores are clamping down.