Games you finished in 2020

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I think the lockdown helped this year. ;)

1 Abyss The Wraiths of Eden
2 Alien Isolation
3 Bright Memory EP1
4 Bulletstorm Classic
5 Bulletstorm Fullclip
6 Call of Juarez
7 CoD Blops
8 CoD MW3
9 Condemned
10 Crysis Warhead
11 Dark Messiah
12 Dead Link Pages Torn
13 Demon Hunter 3 Revelation
14 Demon Hunter 4 Riddles of Light
15 Demon Hunter 5 Ascendance
16 Descent 2
17 Dishonored
18 Dishonored DLC1
19 Dishonored DLC2
20 Doom 2016
21 Doom No Rest for the Living
22 Doom Sigil
23 Doom TNT
24 Doom Ultimate Edition
25 Doom 3 Lost Mission
26 Dracula's Legacy
27 Dreamwalker Never Fall Asleep
28 Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary
29 Enigmatis 2 The Mists of Ravenwood
30 Enigmatis Ghosts of Maple Creek
31 Eventide 3 Legacy Of Legends
32 Fall of the New Age
33 Fear
34 Fear Extraction Point
35 Grim Legends Forsaken Bride
36 Halo 2
37 Halo CE
38 Halo Reach
39 Hard Reset Redux
40 Jedi Knight 2
41 Lost Civilization
42 Medal of Honor 2010
43 Medal of Honor Allied Assault
44 Mysteries of the Past Shadow of the Demon
45 Myths of Orion
46 Nightmares from the Deep 2 the Siren's Call
47 Nightmares from the Deep the Cursed Heart
48 Painkiller
49 Painkiller Battle Out of Hell
50 Painkiller Overdose
51 Persian Nights Sands of Wonders
52 Quake
53 Queens Quest 5 Symphony of Death
54 Rage
55 Resident Evil 7
56 Resident Evil 7 Not A Hero
57 Secret Order 6 Bloodline
58 Serious Sam Classic TFE
59 Serious Sam HD TFE
60 Serious Sam HD TSE
61 Shadow Warrior 2013
62 Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of Baskervilles
63 Showing Tonight Mindhunter's Incident
64 Singularity
65 Star Trek Elite Force
66 Succubus Prolog
67 The Last Dream
68 Thief Deadly Shadows
69 Titan Quest (3x)
70 Tomb Raider Anniversary
71 Tomb Raider Rise
72 Tomb Raider Shadow
73 Torchlight
74 Vampire Bloodlines
75 Vietcong
76 Ziggurat

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Zero? Bought / started a bunch, but lost interest half way through em. Playing CP2077 right now that Im sure ill finish, cause damn, but it wont pass go in 2020.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Not many. But I dont really keep track of games I've finished.

The point of video games is to play them and have fun. Not to complete them. They arent jigsaw puzzles. The point is not to have them down and out of the way the point is to get some warm fuzzy magic from the experience. Just like life.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
There might be a few, but the only ones I remember finishing was They Are Billions and Children of Morta. I stayed working the entire year so I didn't have much spare time and when I did have a few days off (usually three or four per month), I played Escape From Tarkov with some friends. Currently on the final mission of Dungeons 3 which I'll definitely finish later today. I guess you could say I also finished Dynasty Warriors 9, but that's not a game you can technically finish. You just play through the officer's stories until you're done with the game.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I went through about 20 games I have had on my list for many years but never had time for before. All three Dragon Age games, all the FEAR games, Doom 3 and its expansion, both NOLF games, Fallen Order, Torment:TTON and several mods and DLCs for old games (Freespace 2, Red Alert 2, Fallout 3, Dark Mod). I'm replaying one or two games in VR now like Overload.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
I thought I've completed more but I guess not. I spent most of my time in the fist half on RDR2 and put a few hundred hours into it, my top 5 favorite game of all time.
  1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. Hitman 2
  3. Metro Exodus
Mostly been playing Cities Skyline's, TF2, TWW2, Euro Truck 2, and No Mans Sky in 2020. I started Divinity Original Sin 2 but got completely side tracked with RDR2.

Plan to finish these in 2021.
  1. Prey
  2. Home World Remaster 1-2
  3. Ruiner
  4. Divinity Original Sin 2

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Witcher 3 and Heart of Stone. Couldn't finish Blood and Wine, by the time I got to that I was done with that game for a long while.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Fallout New Vegas lol

I've become genuinely bad at actually finishing games over the years.

Only others I can think of for 2020 is Borderlands 3 and Metro Exodus :/

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Fallout 3 (Completed)
Crysis Warhead (Completed)
Lost Planet (Completed)
The Stanley Parable (Completed)
Rage (Completed)
Bioshock 2: Remastered (Completed)
Torchlight 2 (Completed)
Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising (Completed)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Completed)
Doom 2016 (Completed)
Prince of Persia 2008 (Completed)
The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings EE (Completed)
Spec Ops: The Line (Completed)
Prototype (Completed)

Dead Space (In progress - might have it beat before the year is out).

I thoroughly enjoyed the games I beat, and they certainly weren't the only games I started to play, but the ones that gripped me for long enough to actually get through the campaign at least once.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Fallout New Vegas's dialogue is gold standard.

So many great characters and sequences, Joshua Graham, Legate Lanius, Caesar, Ulysses, the list goes on. Fantastic!

Reactions: CP5670

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
aha! just the thread i was looking for.

i have played FOUR .. erm ... SIX games this year, aside from what i already have and play constantly, which is Quake Champions, Quake Live (not played much since i got QC), Diabotical, FTL, and Civ 4.

1. Doom 2016
which i plan to finish tonight, i'm at the last stage. I have really taken my time with this game, and i have enjoyed every min.. well, almost every minute. Overall in a world of shit games, i would give this 7/10, which, in the same fashion as my film review score, is "a good game, well made and entertaining".
I like that it is simple, direct, and very much focused on one type of gameplay. "it's like DOOM 2, but you can't just kill mobs, you need to kill mobs *in a special way*" which is essentially all there is to the new 2016 mechanics. And, you know, you can't really improve on a classic so, well done to whoever was in charge for not fucking up the Doom legacy.

2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided
which i have just finished and i am impressed. This game really is very, very close to the original Deus Ex from 20 years ago. I found the dialogue and voice acting to be superb, the story smart and entertaining, the map design was very good, both by making exploration fairly intuitive, but also by having some fiendshly clever secrets, that would give an additional "reward" to those who persisted in exploration, while at the same time being very careful with hidden walls to limit "obvious exploits" in entering hidden areas.
Weapon combat, stealth, are both well designed and balanced, if slightly to the advantage of the player (i played right away on Give Me Deus Ex difficulty). Hacking was ok-ish, entertaining as a minigame, but not really a storyline element - you *will* defeat all lev 1 - 4 hacks, and will just multitool your way through lev 5 hacks.
Visually it ran fine on my RX 590, with three in total minor visual glitches (hair not rendering properly in small spots during cutscenes). I also had 1 CTD bug (known bug with easy workaround), which is impressive for the level of visual polish found in the game.
The story was good. Not as good as the 4 factions of the original DX, but nearly. Good characters, realistic motivations, it only suffers from being smaller in scope from the original - you're not on the edge of a world changing event - but on the plus side, the sidequests were actually good, as they fit into the greater narrative, and are posed to the player as something that Jensen actually would take on for a reason, rather than being the usual "i lost my teddy bear in the sewers full of mutant lizards" kind of bullshit.

8.5/10

3. Call Of Cthulhu
i swear that no decent CoC game has been made since Alone In The Dark.
This latest CoC game was slow, boring, visually bland, with a slow gameplay relying excessively on manipulating your experience - loss of control, visual distortion, etc - rather than giving you something to be scared of, something which even the horribly-broken Dark Corners did right. Otherwise, it's just a walking simulator where you move from setpiece to setpiece with very little for the player to do in between, with not even the setpieces being in any way visually striking. I did like the policeman as a character, but every other character is a joke.

5/10 just boring, really

4. The Sunken City
needs to be on this list. I was ready to pull the trigger when a Jim Sterling review came out of this, he's not the type to review these sort of games, so i said ".. i know i shouldn't spoil this for myself .. but .. the coincidence is too strong" and he absolutely did spoil it for me, citing the slow, mundane, repetitive combat and mandatory crafting chore where each casual mob depletes your ammo through their sheer bulletsponge-y-ness.

No VOTE

i also have managed to get my hands on Paranoia: Happiness Is Mandatory which .. has been following a very unusual development path. See, the game .. got released. On Steam n'all. And then got pulled. No mention to why, a fully functional game you can play from start to finish, and they are even taking down the website announcing it.
I know that they had West End's copyright because it proudly said so on the initial announcement material, and the way they are trying to delete tyhis game's presence looks like something that only happens when there's a copyright lawsuit happening.

Insofar i've only played the first mission. It is a real-time, isometric 4-man-squad game with auto-combat, you play as one of the squad with 3 others being NPCs. Combat boils down to popping a health pack every now and then, which is fne, because combat is not the primary scope of the game. Set in a dystopian underground bunker complex, where the computer has gone crazy, accusations of treason are as familiar as your recycled protein lunch bars, as nearly everything is illegal, including the mutations which you - and everyone else in your team - has. The background of the Paranoia P&P RPG is vast, i'm not going to summarize it here, but it was for a time a true work of art in the P&P RPG world.
There is also permadeath. As in, you are one of a batch of six clones. If you die, a new clone gets activated. When you are out of clones ..

It's early to give the game a rating, i haven't had a chance to sit down and properly enjoy it, which i'll do in January as i have a ton of unused holidays which were forcibly assigned to me this month. Those few people who have managed to secure an offline copy are giving it mixed reviews, including a few reports of a gamebreaking bug during the last mission. We'll see.

5. Borderlands 3
i just wanted to get some guns drops and pewpew some bad guys but nooooo, no you need to make this game so slow, and then when things start to get up to speed, game crashes with a CTD loop. Only solution is to edit the save file in a hex editor. Really? This, and unskippable cutscenes?
i got no time for this bullshit.

6. Metro Exodus
visually impressive, with great environment art, but broken by horribly tedious HALF HOUR LONG unskippable cutscenes, eventually it boils down to a mediocre shooter with bad guns. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Finished Dungeons 3. I'm not sure what I'll be starting next, but I know I won't be finishing anything else before midnight tonight. I'm thinking about starting up Hades or reinstalling Grim Dawn again. Not sure which I'll do.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I think the lockdown helped this year. ;)

69 Titan Quest (3x)

First off, wow. That's an impressive list.

Did you beat Titan Quest on three different difficulties (that get subsequently unlocked)? Or just give it a run with different character classes?

That's got to be hundreds of hours just with Titan Quest....

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004

So many great characters and sequences, Joshua Graham, Legate Lanius, Caesar, Ulysses, the list goes on. Fantastic!

My favorite one is your brain in Old World Blues. :D Dog/God is awesome as well.

2. Deus Ex Mankind Divided

I think it's one of the best games in the last 4-5 years, and has some exceptionally detailed map design along with great story and gameplay. The DLCs are very good too. The story does end abruptly though, and it's clear they wanted hooks for a sequel.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Which ending did you choose?

I think I got the bad one because I killed a bunch of ppl?

Certainly a much better game than I took it for when I first picked it up. I did play through the Lonesome Road campaign at a higher level and it was tough! After a few legit attempts to beat Ulysses at the end I just enabled god mode lol. Was actually still a right pain in the ass to drop him so hats off to whoever was able to take that dude down without cheats. I'm sure there was a way to pacify the entire thing too but you know... video games.

Oh, and I may have wrapped up my initial run through Outer Worlds as well... which I liked but didn't love.

Last edited:

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I finished Wolfenstein 2009, Prey 2009, Doom 3 and its DLC Resurrection of Evil and Lost Mission. Very proud of that, since it took me this many years to beat these games.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Favorite game of the year was Persona 5 Royal, after I finished the first playthrough immediately did a second but with Japanese voices (wish you could do Japanese subs on PS4 games too).

Longest game I played this year was RDR2. It's funny I bought it at launch on PS4, got bored the second day and sold it, only to get it again on PC. Ran surprisingly well on my 6 year-old Xeon E3-1231v3 and scrub GTX 1660 Super. Really got into it on the second attempt and it turned out to be a better game than even the original RDR. But the controls out the box are terrible, you have to crank up all the sensitivity options or it feels like Arthur Morgan is a 50 year-old moving in mud. But played that through to the end, great story though I have to admit sometimes I'd say screw the story and go steal a train and then pick cops off with a rifle from the train, eg playing it like I'd play a GTA game haha.

Played through the Yakuza 3 remaster and found it pretty underwhelming, definitely the weakest game I have played in the series and it really looks like an early gen PS3 game with a resolution and framerate bump. Just started Yakuza 4 and thankfully it looks much more modern and controls more modern also.

Played some Persona 4 Golden and Pokemon Let's Go, but mostly just for Japanese practice and finished neither (though I have probably beaten P4G at least five times on Vita, but had to buy it again on Steam so I could play in 日本語).

Started up Sekiro and was having a blast for a couple of weeks but stopped playing and never picked it back up.

Didn't spend nearly as much time gaming this year as I did a couple of years ago, mostly because I have been studying Japanese with a lot of it just watching anime. My long term goal is to be able to play 龍が如く維新! on PS4 and actually understand it to a decent level (it's a samurai game in the Ryuu ga Gotoku series, or Yakuza series released only in Japan), but that's probably a couple of years away.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
My favorite one is your brain in Old World Blues. :D Dog/God is awesome as well.

I loved Old World Blues, that storyline was freaking crazy. Then the one in Zion NP was great too, as was the one you were following that robot. God I hated that DLC with the bomb collar though, that was one of the worst DLC I have ever played in a good game.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
New Vegas + NMC texture pack actually made the game look half decent. I'm a big advocate for HD texture packs and ambient type mods.

Might actually take another stab at Skyrim at some point.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i finished Wasteland 3, great game but i didn't feel compelled to run it again with different party members.
next, i have my eyes on Gears Tactics, i'm just a sucker for turn based tactical party RPGs.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
i finished Wasteland 3, great game but i didn't feel compelled to run it again with different party members.
next, i have my eyes on Gears Tactics, i'm just a sucker for turn based tactical party RPGs.

- After playing Xcom, I've been really jonsing for some good TBS games. Obviously we have the other Xcom Games, but anything else you recommend? Bonus points if its on sale in the current Steam Sale.