Games to play while watching movies/videos?

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
What kind of games do you guys play while watching movies/videos/streams? Anything competitive tends to take my attention away, I'm guessing grindy type games would be best, thoughts?

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Uhh... really? Are you that ADD that you need to play a game while trying to enjoy a movie? I tend to pick things to watch that hold my interest and attention to a point where I don't need or want to play a game. ;)

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Uhh... really? Are you that ADD that you need to play a game while trying to enjoy a movie? I tend to pick things to watch that hold my interest and attention to a point where I don't need or want to play a game. ;)

#America

I don't do anything while watching TV/Movies. sometimes I browse the internet on a screen next to what I'm watching if they're simply just talking but rarely and I end up rewatching the scene anyway.

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
I don't watch many movies actually I was more meaning streams and podcast type stuff, I guess I should have clarified.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
If anything I might play spider solitaire during commercials.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I watch the actual movie and not miss it because you are doing something else.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
If its a game without a story or anything like that I usually listen to podcasts at the same time. For me its usually NHL for xbox, but really any game im playing besides story heavy games. (Civ, super hexagon, saints row, borderlands, racing games, binding of issac, etc)

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I did this all the time with SWTOR. I'd be leveling on some planet, and have the TV going off to the side.

Then I realized what a crap gaming experience I was having if I was getting more entertainment out of channel surfing on the TV than playing the game.

I stopped playing shortly thereafter.

Now, I'll usually listen to different podcasts, or background videos, if playing a slow strategy game (Paradox game) where I've heard all the music in the game 100 times before.
But actually watch something else? No.