Games that support gamepads?

bart1975

Apr 12, 2011
I pretty much use my DS3 controller exclusively in games. It is just more comfortable to use on my system since it is hooked to a tv. I like to sit on the couch and play with the gamepad.

Current games I am playing are the following.
Just Cause 2
GTA 4
Mafia 2
Assassins Creed2

I am looking for other games that are like these that I dont have to mess with xpadder to get them working.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Does your controller work off directinuput or xinput? Lots of games that exclusively come off the xbox usually only support xinput but some support both xinput and directinput and those that come off the ps3 might only support directinput based game pads. IMHO get yourself a game pad that works in either mode and you should be golden.

For games I'd do an advance search on Steam and set it up so that the "controller compatible" category is selected and then proceed from there IMHO.

OT: Anyone get Prince of persia games working using the f510 game pad? I can't get Warrior within or two thrones to detect my pad regardless of which mode I select be it xinput or directinput.

NVM...fixed my issue. Apparently I had to get rid of a .dat file called gamepads.dat.

Last edited:

bart1975

Apr 12, 2011
Well I use motion joy and emulate the x360 controller so that save tons of trouble.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Well I use motion joy and emulate the x360 controller so that save tons of trouble.

Nice. Yeah so check out steam. Tons of games that support controllers and especially the x360 one. The controller am using is logitechs f510 (its a Playstation style controller) which has built in support for both xinput and directinput at the flip of a switch on the underside of the controller itself.

Monster_Munch

Oct 19, 2010
These are the steam games I have that are playable with a 360 controller

Batman Arkham Asylum
Any of the Codemasters racing games - Dirt, Fuel, Grid etc
Burnout Paradise
NFS: Hot Pursuit
Portal 1 & 2
Borderlands
Bioshock 1 (not 2)
Devil May Cry 4

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Resident Evil 5 PC can use 360 controller

Pretty good game if you haven't played it, COOP is the best part though.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I'm confused by this thread. The vast majority of PC games support gamepads. The only ones that stick out to me that don't are "Mass Effect" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" (even it supported the bundled Thrustmaster gamepad).

trigun500

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2006
I played Dead Space, Dead Space 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, and the FEAR series with my 360 controller.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
I'm confused by this thread. The vast majority of PC games support gamepads. The only ones that stick out to me that don't are "Mass Effect" and "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" (even it supported the bundled Thrustmaster gamepad).

Mass Effect supports gamepad play. I know it worked with my logi rumblepad 2 but I preferred mouse and keyboard with that game. There also a lot of side scrolling pc games that also work with a gamepad on sale at Steam as well.

T101

Oct 13, 1999
Games I have played in this year and last year that support Xbox360 controller (xinput), and should work with your emulated xbox 360 controller.

> Star Wars Force Unleashed 1 & 2
> Apache Air Assault
> Avatar
> Blur
> Bulletstorm
> Crysis 2
> Damnation
> Fallout 3
> Fallout New Vegas
> Nail'd
> Star Trek Legacy
> Terminator Salvation
> Yars Revenge
> Red Faction: Guerilla
> A.R.E.S.
> Aliens Vs Predator
> Bionic Commando
> Bionic Commando Rearmed
> BioShock 1 (not 2! - no controller support)
> Braid
> Burn Zombie Burn
> Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
> Darksiders (one of my all time favorite games)
> Devil May Cry 4
> Front Mission Evolved
> Just Cause 2
> Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
> Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
> Metro 2033
> Mirror's Edge
> Overlord 1 & 2
> Prototype
> Saints Row 2
> The Scourge Project: Episode 1 & 2
> Toki Tori
> Top Gun
> Trine
> Zombie Driver
> Hawx 1 & 2
> Splinter Cell Conviction

I hope there is something in that list that you will like.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
I just use Xpadder, taking away any need for the game to support anything special (make sure to run it as admin in Vista or 7).

bart1975

Apr 12, 2011
I use xpadder/ joy2key sometimes also. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to get motion joy to auto load x360 emulation for me on startup. Currently I have to go to options and enable for x360 emulation.

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
The ones I have been playing that support gamepads are any of the Valve games (for the most part), Shift 2, and Metro 2033. They all are fully supported with the 360 controller.