This is my setup which I just built.

AMD Phenom II X3 720
MSI R4850-2D512-OC Radeon HD 4850 512MB
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX
Antec Three Hundred
Patriot Viper 4GB DDR2 1066
BFG Tech GS-550 550W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V V2.8
Western Digital Caviar SE 500GB
Klipsch 4.1 (promedia I think/ they were pretty nice a long long time ago)

Basically what Anandtech recommended. No overclocking or any of that stuff.

My problem is that when I run Bioshock or Company of Heroes, after playing for 5 or ten minutes, the game will crash/close along with a loud sound from the speakers. I haven't seen this happen that often due to the fact that I do not have the time to use my computer that often.

I updated the video drivers to the latest ones.

Today I played Company of Heroes for about 20 minutes, then the game just closed. I tried to open Mozilla and was getting graphical artifacts on some of the pages.

I am thinking it is a bad video card, but I was wondering whether the setup is poor since the Antec 300 mounts the PSU at the bottom of the case and therefore the fan for the PSU points straight at the video card. Although the video card and PSU are not that close together. I put my hand in between them and it did not feel like a lot of hot air was passing between them.

Another
problem I have is that I have the Klipsch speakers plugged into the onboard audio ports. I get a buzzing all the time through the speakers or thru headphones. The buzz gets louder when you move a scrollbar on Mozilla.

humanure

Dec 28, 2005
sounds like a heat problem, try turning up your 4850's fan speed with catalyst cc under the overdrive settings when gaming.