[GamersNexus] Dell's PC Purchase Deceit - bundling auto-recurring monthly paid service plan BY DEFAULT.

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
yep, bought a dell laptop and cancelled the monthly premium support after i tested everything to make sure it worked.

I purchased it on sale and at the time, It forced me to have the "1 month free" subscription, because there was NO option to remove it. Now it's the default option, but it's possible to remove it. Sadly there's currently still no way to purchase it without a mcafee 12 month subscription which "costs" ~$30 on the invoice...

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
"Dealer mark-up" indeed. What a scam.
Subscriptions are where the real money is. insert Zoolander meme - Tech as a service; so hot right now.

Last edited:

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
As long as you can opt out by deselecting that default monthly option before purchase. *whew*

( I'd comment on where this might be headed, but I don't want to give Dell ideas. Public forums! )

This was helpful news because I might find myself ordering a pc soon. Of course, it is now 2 months later . . .

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
oh but gamers nexus gave dell's rtx 3090 a non dell award for being well designed and not like Dell. lol