Gamer the Movie? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaBomb

Lifer
Nov 19, 2004
Gamer is a high-concept action thriller set in a near future when gaming and entertainment have evolved into a terrifying new hybrid. Humans control other humans in mass-scale, multi-player online games: people play people?for keeps.

:confused:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Saw the trailer for this. Looks like complete shit, so it ought to make tons of money just like all the other shitty movies from this summer.

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
Saw the trailer for this. Looks like complete shit, so it ought to make tons of money just like all the other shitty movies from this summer.

It's Death Race without Jason Statham and Cars :/

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Unfortunately I've seen the preview twice at the theatre. Looks like a piece of crap trying to sort of be the Running Man with Dexter as Richard Dawson and Gerard Butler trying to be the Governator. :thumbsdown:

KT

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
Unfortunately I've seen the preview twice at the theatre. Looks like a piece of crap trying to sort of be the Running Man with Dexter as Richard Dawson and Gerard Butler trying to be the Governator. :thumbsdown:

KT

Yea I don't know why this is being promoted so much. It looks like a straight to dvd movie. I guess they thought since it has Gerard Butler it's going to be a hit.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: zerocool84
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

KT

Yea I don't know why this is being promoted so much. It looks like a straight to dvd movie. I guess they thought since it has Gerard Butler it's going to be a hit.

Well, depending on the budget (I can't find the figure) I bet they will turn a tidy profit just getting the newly pubescent teen boy crowd out there.

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Quiksilver
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca

It's Death Race without Jason Statham and Cars :/

actually, it's more like Running Man. This was my immediate thought when I saw the ridiculous preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.