Gamefly worth it?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I just got a Nintendo Switch and don't have many games. There are games I am interested in but not sure I want to buy or pay full price for in case I don't like them or they aren't worth full price.

So is Gamefly a good service to use?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
They offer a free 30 day trial, so check it out and see if you find it worthwhile.

I (my kids) used to a have a subscription to them, but they tend to only play one game at a time for significant periods of time, so they moved to just buying the game that they and friends were focused on Xbox Live.

But if you are the type of person to play many different games, you should find the subscription makes sense.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I did it years ago and, for the most part, it was fine... just didn't really have enough time to game to make it worthwhile for me. I didn't have any issues with the service itself and thought it was a pretty good system. I only rented PS3 games and occasionally there would be a shortage of a really popular title or a disc wouldn't be absolutely perfect. Shouldn't be an issue with cartridges obviously.