GameCube BSOD

CTho9305

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2000
My friend was playing Tony Hawk 3 and this randomly happened. One shot is with the lights out so you can see the screen. The wavebird controllers are really nice :)

note: he insists that i should post the URL above. it doesn't work for me. Use this one if the above doesnt (it goes via the 802.11 network instead of the wired network)

edit: they should both be working now :)

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: CTho9305
My friend was playing Tony Hawk 3 and this randomly happened. One shot is with the lights out so you can see the screen. The wavebird controllers are really nice :)

note: he insists that i should post the URL above. it doesn't work for me. Use this one if the above doesnt (it goes via the 802.11 network instead of the wired network)

Both not working.

CTho9305

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Nutdotnet
still not working

he rebooted again.
rolleye.gif
we shall see..

edit: NOW they should work....

CTho9305

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2000
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
could you make the pictures any bigger???? jeez...

He says "Thats why you click 'small'" ;)

i think the big ones are straight off the camera, no extra compression

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: wfbberzerker
could you make the pictures any bigger???? jeez...

its probably cuz the cd's scratched or something.

Big pictures rule.. I don't know what you're talking about. :p

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
i was expecting some cool secret thing in the game, and i get an error message?

LAME

i'm gonna go make a post about a potato chip i found under my chair!

edit: gonna take a 7892x3020 pixel picture of it with my digicam too!!

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Ok....???? All console have error screens..

CTho9305

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Jugernot

Ok....???? All console have error screens..

I've never seen one on my N64... one of my friends got one on a PS1, and I've never seen one on a PS2 or Xbox. I'm sure they have them, I've just never seen one. Soo, it is new to me. :confused:

Mattnum25

Sep 7, 2002
Ok, I'm the one whose gamecube spazzed...just to clear up a few things (1) it's been fine since, so this isn't a request for help or anything, and (2) we didn't expect this to be new to everyone...we've never seen it so we assumed there were other people who hadn't, and who might be interested. Also, I'd recommend most people use the small images...and I apologize for the page, but I had a test and a lab report today and couldn't be bothered with making it pretty. (And yes, the wavebirds were the best money I ever spent on a console accessory). Finally, if anyone has pics of other consoles' error screens, I'd be interested in links...other than the widely circulated XBox developer's version GreenScreening.

Supermercado

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Interesting. I've never seen a GCN freeze, I don't think. It's never happened to mine (and Tony Hawk 3 has been played for very long periods of time on it with no problems). About all I can think of that would cause it (since I don't think that it's a problem with the game, since I've never heard of any problems with it or experienced any myself) is that either the unit was on for a very long time or was in a position where it couldn't get proper cooling or something. Dunno.

Lichee

Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Mattnum25
Ok, I'm the one whose gamecube spazzed...just to clear up a few things (1) it's been fine since, so this isn't a request for help or anything, and (2) we didn't expect this to be new to everyone...we've never seen it so we assumed there were other people who hadn't, and who might be interested. Also, I'd recommend most people use the small images...and I apologize for the page, but I had a test and a lab report today and couldn't be bothered with making it pretty. (And yes, the wavebirds were the best money I ever spent on a console accessory). Finally, if anyone has pics of other consoles' error screens, I'd be interested in links...other than the widely circulated XBox developer's version GreenScreening.

dont mind the thread crapper above. lots of us havent seen a BSD for a console before and found it interesting.

Cfour

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2000
www.sternie.com
THPS 3 has issues, I know it. It is the only game that has locked up on me... maybe 3 or so times since I've had it (got it on release day).

Tony

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Never seen that before, but my dasm PS2 freezes up on GTA Vice City all the time :disgust::|

I think it needs to be cleaned out good. At least I hope that's the problem.

SharkyTM

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: BingBongWongFooey
i was expecting some cool secret thing in the game, and i get an error message?

LAME

i'm gonna go make a post about a potato chip i found under my chair!

edit: gonna take a 7892x3020 pixel picture of it with my digicam too!!

and yet life goes on without you.....