Question Game recommendations -I’m not a gamer – I’m curious about 1st person shooters.

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
I’m not a gamer, but I play about 4 flavors of Unreal Tournament, Deathmatches are quick and easy to learn, no difficult commands like Medal of Honor.

These days I buy used corporate Thinkpads, max upgrade them and drive them until they drop, consumer laptops are low quality and don’t last long.
I’m simply looking for additional first person shooters like Unreal Tournament or Quake Arena 3 to pass the time. Thanks for any advice.

Uberman

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
LONG TIME NO SEE!

I like the new Doom. Its on Steam. it runs well on low end hardware if you take the visual settings way down. and its still fun.
Also theres serious sam in many versions, again on Steam, and again they run well on slower hardware thanks to a crap ton of graphics settings.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

uberman

Golden Member
Sep 15, 2006
LONG TIME NO SEE!

I like the new Doom. Its on Steam. it runs well on low end hardware if you take the visual settings way down. and its still fun.
Also theres serious sam in many versions, again on Steam, and again they run well on slower hardware thanks to a crap ton of graphics settings.

Yes, you are correct , computers are still a big part of my life, but for different reasons. A foot injury has kept me non-ambulatory for several months. I’ve found myself lying around healing. I’m still collecting Thinkpads and I realized that I’ve not bought a laptop for 4 years and if I’m able to escape soon I’m looking at a Lenovo ThinkPad W541 i7 Quad Core 32G/500G SSD 3K IPS is the one I’m looking at for my new one 5.7 pounds of weight but more power.

I’ll have new projects so i’ll be posting questions. It was a pleasure logging in and seeing other names. I’veI just bought Doom, Standard Edition, and I should see that in a week or 10 days. Your comments on Doom had me re-reading system requirements for 2 hours.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Have a look at Toxikk. They have a free version if you want to give it a go.